New Land Rover re-power scheme - coming soon

Bowie69

Worried about diesel emissions and the future for places like London? Well JE will soon have a new engine conversion for you:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mustang-and-focus-rs-engine-be-fitted-land-rover-defenders

Imagine one in a Mustang spec, with 345BHP, be quite rapid, and the bonus is it is likely to remain light, unlike a lot of the Jag or US V8 (or even OM606) conversions out there.

Don't worry - the backlash for small-capacity forced-induction engines is just around the corner as they are good on CO2 but suck on NOx I think it is... there's already rumblings that the regs on those are about to be tightened up and I've read articles stating people are now moving away from them and moving back toward developing larger-capacity NA engines which are better all-rounders (who'd have thought).

It's as if governments and environmentalists don't always think these things through :rolleyes:

Also - most of these small boosted engines don't get anywhere near the claimed figures, especially MPG, when used in real life.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Also - most of these small boosted engines don't get anywhere near the claimed figures, especially MPG, when used in real life.

And I can't see them being very long-lasting either.

19 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Don't worry - the backlash for small-capacity forced-induction engines is just around the corner as they are good on CO2 but suck on NOx I think it is... there's already rumblings that the regs on those are about to be tightened up and I've read articles stating people are now moving away from them and moving back toward developing larger-capacity NA engines which are better all-rounders (who'd have thought).

Long live the RV8 :D

20 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

It's as if governments and environmentalists don't always think these things through :rolleyes:

Oh, really??? PMSL :rofl:

On 12/07/2017 at 0:55 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Mine does fantastically in real life! Often beating the claimed figures...

:lol: However, that's only because the roads are usually so rammed on the way to work its a steady 40-50mph only....