Peterborough LRO show had some rinky dink trick trial vehicles, aparantly running l.p.g. injection direct into the turbo inlet.

This has a similar effect on emissions to ad-blu I am told, on cleaning up black soot un burned diesel . ALso gives more power and torque.

Is anyone out there currently running this set up? What are the pros cons and pitfalls. I can see an explosion risk straight away, cheers.

p.s. just found these...http://www.p-i-fuelsystems.co.uk/powershot_diesel.htm ...and all the old thread from 09.

Hope thinhs have improved since then, and prices, yikes. Imo it would only need a boost pressure switch and a jet allowing a metered dose, on off switch over ride and some brass fittings and pipe/hose work? &00 quid??? p off !!!

Edited by Bandog
You don't need to suffer in a series, but your bank balance does!

Not sure it's done for emissions per se, just that it acts as a catalyst a little bit like NOS does on a petrol lump. I guess what you're paying for with the kits is knowing the right amount to avoid destroying your engine / having someone to shout at if it does destroy your engine.

I met someone who had done it on an L200, he was very happy with the power side of things, he also believed it used less diesel but by the time you added in the cost of the gas wasn't cheaper to run. I couldn't say how long it lasted.

Be interesting to read how you get on :)

7 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I suspect an EGT gauge and possibly lambda sensor + gauge would be a worthwhile investment. Good luck, let us know how you get on!

got the egt already and its maxed out at 700 on sustained burn! 90 mph on a gps dashcam, with more left in her. 

Yes fridge, like I say, it did seem to be much more pokey running a leaner mixture. The obsession with rolling coal I suspect is trying to mimic diesel drag machines, and no not lilly savage's ford fiesta. Its something to do with diminishing returns law. 

I am of the opinion though that, if you have some basic engineering skills, and a small l.p.g. bottle, a pressure regulator, an adjustable boost sensitive micro switch, a relay and a dash switch, maybe a warning/operation light and as you quite rightly state, an e.g.t gauge, I can't really see how anybody, trade or d.i.y. can justify a price tag of around £?#00 +

And before anyone else jumps down my throat, I am aware of the legalities of running calor gas bottles on the queens highway. It would be used as a test rig only. Cheers

LPG injection systems don't normally use liquid LPG injection, but you have a vapouriser which allows to happen safely, and also controls rate of delivery based on vacuum/inlet pressure. For a decent sized engine they can be a fair few quid.

Then chuck in a fair few quid for a proper LPG tank, the wiring and switches to control both this and the vapouriser, and you can see how it may add up.

Then, add clips, hoses, copper feed pipes, fittings, mixer, power valve.... and it goes on... it will soon add up to something.

Then the guy has to write instructions for 'people of lesser ability' so they can fit it, warrant it, and support 'people of even lesser ability' that keep ringing them up.

That's before you start looking at development and marketing costs....

Yes you can do it yourself, of course, but some people have time, some have money, some have some both, and that is where DIY kits come in :) 

On 03/10/2017 at 12:59 PM, Cynic-al said:

I met someone who had done it on an L200, he was very happy with the power side of things, he also believed it used less diesel but by the time you added in the cost of the gas wasn't cheaper to run. I couldn't say how long it lasted.

Be interesting to read how you get on :)

Flowgas and others can charge as little as 50ppl for autogas. I run a dual fuel l.p.g. renault so I know, cheers :-)

P.S. I have just been rightfully informed by a Company in the U.S.A. that the l.p.g. consumption is only about 1 u.s. gallon per 100-150 miles. Hence the small propane bottle on traybacks. Cheers

Edited by Bandog
powershot injection