Quick Q -electrical connectors/crimps

Eightpot

May I suggest you contact "Vehicle Wiring Product" as they were always very helpful to me when asking this sort of questions.

I have rewired a few vehicles and build my own looms.

I was recommended Hozan P-706 by PaulMc from here a few years back, this one set is suitable for several different types of connector and I've found it handy for most of the common multiplug pins. It doesn't do both crimping actions in the one go like the proper durite ratchet style crimps but are more useable in a confined space if crimping in-situ. 

On 11/04/2018 at 9:46 PM, Eightpot said:

I need to order a crimp tool for some harness work - need to attach some of the mini pins that slide inside electrical connectors like in Defender TD5 dash switches and loom multiplugs

Are they DuPont terminals or something??

Can you post a pic?

Don't have a pic of the connector pins- ordered a tool on amazon last night which turned up today though and had a go at some terminals, was very pleased with the results especially at £11 for the tool, wish I'd got one years ago. 

512NM-epTVL._SY400_.jpg

5 hours ago, Eightpot said:

Don't have a pic of the connector pins- ordered a tool on amazon last night which turned up today though and had a go at some terminals, was very pleased with the results especially at £11 for the tool, wish I'd got one years ago. 

512NM-epTVL._SY400_.jpg

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they all came from the same factory in China. Those are exactly the same as my CK crimpers which cost a lot more

there is a smaller set for doing ferruls which would be handy for wiring loom stuff. They did a good job on my injector loom

B24E3C43-D436-438E-939F-AEE733E1C305.jpeg.e2af2b49a08624f0717c53051c261856.jpeg

B4CF5627-C121-4008-8CEF-B33CEE5BB7E7.jpeg.68006c49a22b1f9c037fc2053f0a38c6.jpeg

9 hours ago, Eightpot said:

512NM-epTVL._SY400_.jpg

Could you share the link on Amazon please ?