Corsica 2

sharkey964

Hi peeps. 
Just back from a week in Corsica. 
I went last May with a mate,purely to drive the off road tracks.But whilst there,thought I need to come again with my gal. 
The whole island is totaly stunning.Even if you don't venture off road. 
One track I didn't find in May last year was the piste des Seigneurs......Well......I found it this time.What a brilliant track. 
Look it up on Youtube,lots of footage of it. 
The highligts for me would be. 
Piste des Seigneurs....Obviously. Thumbs Up 
Cap Corse....For the stunning empty sandy beach/bays where you can camp 10m from the sea. 
Bonifacio.Stunning harbour & walled old town. 
Here are a few pics. 
Hope you enjoy. 
Marc. 

normal_DSCF8065.JPG

normal_DSCF8095.JPG

normal_DSCF8074.JPG

normal_DSCF8102.JPG

normal_DSCF8079.JPG

normal_DSCF8050.JPG

Great pics and recommendation!

We are on the way there next Spring. Thinking about hopping to Sardinia and maybe (although we may not have time) continue to Sicily and back through Italy.

From what we’ve seen though, there’s no reason to rush and we could just stay there and then come back 😁

• Like 1

My recomendation would be,don't go July or August,it will be mad busy,the ferrys double their prices & temperatures reguarly are in the 40's.

Both times I've been i've sailed from Toulon, to Bastia,then back from Ajaccio to Toulon.Ferr sails overnight so you get a good kip,resteraunts on board are very expensive,so if you want take food on board with you.

crossin cost me 330€ return for extra high Defender 90,cabin for 2 adults.Not bad,me thinks.😎

Marc

• Like 2

Amazing place isn't it - considering how easy it is to get there I'm gutted I've only just discovered it.  Sardinia is great, but Corsica feels a little more wild with even more amazing landscapes, and all the conveniences and nice French food you need.

I didn't have any problems with high ferry prices to the islands in June/July, but did book a few months in advance which is probably the trick. Corsica felt nicely busy then, but yes Sardinia was quite crowded, and campsites were full of megalithic motorhomes parked line astern to blot out everyonelses view😕  - Corsicas winding hairpin mountain roads at least seems to keep the worst of the motorhomes at bay...