Td5 looms into a earlier pre 1991 vehicle

I’ve only got then as they were cheep and when it comes to putting in the new td5 loom I can just get on with it while I adapt my led lights 

if I adapt them now they not going to fit the current loom so it means landy will be off the rd longer then should be 

have these won’t have to start cutting plugs off can sort led’s  in my own time 

my biggest problem is the light plug orange plug trying to find on of them 

So the chassis loom turned up today very happy now it’s just a case of plug in job done  

got a few plugs any ideas guessing one is tow bar electrics,

fuel tank, pump, gauge, low fuel light,?

where would the rear wiper electrics be?

see photos 

69A37859-A0E3-4E5D-93FF-DAE5A463CF77.jpeg

C987F1B1-6E60-4C96-AD83-0B51F6F1E566.jpeg

E7F126D2-0FB5-48E8-B045-8299454680FA.jpeg

Edited by roverv8

Yes, the large grey plug with orange insert is for the towing elecs .

Wiper electrics will be dependent on which loom you have. If it’s configured for it then you should have a natural coloured plug along with the nsr light plugs. This does the wiper/wash functions, oddly enough the remote central locking for the tail door (again if configured) comes from the roof part of the loom. 

16 hours ago, Scotts90 said:

Yes, the large grey plug with orange insert is for the towing elecs .

Wiper electrics will be dependent on which loom you have. If it’s configured for it then you should have a natural coloured plug along with the nsr light plugs. This does the wiper/wash functions, oddly enough the remote central locking for the tail door (again if configured) comes from the roof part of the loom. 

Not sure but the loom number is YNN000332 if that helps was thinking the plug was for an electric fuel pump  (purple and white / purple tracer) so long as rear lights work im happy which they do wasn't looking forward to looking for that orange plug and trying to connect all the wires, the plug with all pins and seals was around £20 plus your vat made scene to just upgrade all wiring 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Transmission over heat, if it comes on your meant to stop & let transmission cool down, when the light is off its ok to carry on driving.

handbrake wire is white/yellow trace & should be a connection in the dash/main loom near the clutch pedal assembly.

1 hour ago, western said:

Yes Transmission over heat, if it comes on your meant to stop & let transmission cool down, when the light is off its ok to carry on driving.

handbrake wire is white/yellow trace & should be a connection in the dash/main loom near the clutch pedal assembly.

Thank you 😊 

3 hours ago, western said:

the darker green/blue trace joins a lighter green/blue trace & goes to the temp gauge

light green/slate goes to the alarm ecu

the yellow/pink goes to instrument pack

all shown on the td5 wiring diagram page 36 https://www.landroverweb.com/Pdf-files/Defender MY2002 Wiring Diagram.pdf

Thank you 😊