Rover diffs

uninformed

Hi all, I have 2 rover diff centres ( the main cast housing, crown wheel and pinion and carrier/differential). Im after a bit of info.

Any idea what they are from? early RRC?

on the underside of the cast housing, there is a large flat section with two blind holes threaded. What is this thread? (im guessing 3/8 BSF)

is there any strength difference between the older 10 spline pinions and the later pinions?

cheers

Serg

IMG_5753.jpeg

IMG_5754.jpeg

Not likely a 90 as they were not sold in Australia until the Td5s. As for the thread, I was chasing it with a 3/8 UNC cleaning tap and it just doesnt seem right. BSF is right between UNC and UNF for pitch count. Minor Dia was about right for BSF. Ill have to grab a bolt on Monday and see if it fits the other

Anorak outing time Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 😍:rofl:

Thats an Metric casing. 

So, most Likley thats a 3.54 not a 4.7:1 and 10 spline all 10 spline are the same all weak

Carrier cap bolts are going to be M12

CWP Bolts most likley 3/8s UNF

4 Spline Pinion Flange and early seal type with suacer shield / mud trap LOL

Casing is stronger than Imperial ealier units but not even earlier Split casing as some had bigger head and tail bearings

Center is very weak, 16mm pin, puma is 24 spline ...a bit better at 18mm pin but both junk IMHO

From early 90 or early 2 door RR some cross overs have a filler plug in diff casing but not all

Nige :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Anorak outing time Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 😍:rofl:

Thats an Metric casing. 

So, most Likley thats a 3.54 not a 4.7:1 and 10 spline all 10 spline are the same all weak

Carrier cap bolts are going to be M12

CWP Bolts most likley 3/8s UNF

4 Spline Pinion Flange and early seal type with suacer shield / mud trap LOL

Casing is stronger than Imperial ealier units but not even earlier Split casing as some had bigger head and tail bearings

Center is very weak, 16mm pin, puma is 24 spline ...a bit better at 18mm pin but both junk IMHO

From early 90 or early 2 door RR some cross overs have a filler plug in diff casing but not all

Nige :D

If Im fitting a new carrier (MaxiDrive) and new Ashcroft HD CW&P, what are my options for pinion flange and seal etc?

Can you recommend a TIG filler rod if I ever decide to peg it

cheers for your help

You can put one of my superflange kits on it :D ... and it would also be able to take the late Punma Type and seal and is the 24 spline version with bolt down the send, have a lookie at webshop. Use FTC5150 on CWP stronger bolts and no washers torque to 55 ft lbs with loctite - note ONCE USE BOLT !!

Nige

5 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

You can put one of my superflange kits on it :D ... and it would also be able to take the late Punma Type and seal and is the 24 spline version with bolt down the send, have a lookie at webshop. Use FTC5150 on CWP stronger bolts and no washers torque to 55 ft lbs with loctite - note ONCE USE BOLT !!

Nige

Ill give you a call and we can go over what I need thanks mate