Snorkel bits

14Platoon,

Is there any provision in the bottom of your air filter housing to let out any water that gets sucked in by the snorkel?

I have sealed off the bottom of my housing, but think that I need some sort of a one way valve to let any water out of the system so it doesn't make its way to the engine.

Cheers,

Colin

36 minutes ago, Cchase said:

14Platoon,

Is there any provision in the bottom of your air filter housing to let out any water that gets sucked in by the snorkel?

I have sealed off the bottom of my housing, but think that I need some sort of a one way valve to let any water out of the system so it doesn't make its way to the engine.

Cheers,

Colin

No water is to get in there at all. The air filter and snorkel bits all get sealed watertight so the only opening is at the very top of the snorkel. Any water elsewhere would damage the engine as it can get sucked in. 

On 2/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, neil110 said:

Had a look at both of them, sadly no information about snorkels. Lots of stuff about arctic heaters, snow blinds, interior insulation and stuff like that though

neil110, are these manuals on line?  If so, could you supply a link, please/

Mike

That's a good question. When I saw these in operation on farm tractors that didn't happen, I think there's a sort of cyclone effect that separates the rain. The tractor mushrooms were see-through, but had to be cleaned.

Whether the cyclone effect would happen at seventy miles per hour is something I don't know.

Zetor pre filter

15 hours ago, Gazzar said:

That's a good question. When I saw these in operation on farm tractors that didn't happen, I think there's a sort of cyclone effect that separates the rain. The tractor mushrooms were see-through, but had to be cleaned.

Whether the cyclone effect would happen at seventy miles per hour is something I don't know.

Zetor pre filter

70 mph... More like 70kph! ...2.5na with a 1.67 transfer case...