County rovers burnt down

selectcase

saw it yesterday, thats a bugger, anyone know if Julain Vardys gone up as well?

I was talking to Julains parents earlier and they said that the authorities still wouldnt let anyone back into the buildings, that was 4.30ish. They said it was because of the risk of the gas bottles in there (acetalene i think) and the fire brigade is a bit jumpy about them now since the firework factory and adjacent steel works a couple of months back... it was the bottles that caused a lot of injurys there...

country rovers have a sister company in bovey tracy i believe, so i wouldnt be supprised if a new shop appears in the not to distant future...

sad news tho, i come bk from ireland to go there for parts n to chat with nick n pete... :(

I was talking to Julains parents earlier and they said that the authorities still wouldnt let anyone back into the buildings, that was 4.30ish. They said it was because of the risk of the gas bottles in there (acetalene i think) and the fire brigade is a bit jumpy about them now since the firework factory and adjacent steel works a couple of months back... it was the bottles that caused a lot of injurys there...

country rovers have a sister company in bovey tracy i believe, so i wouldnt be supprised if a new shop appears in the not to distant future...

sad news tho, i come bk from ireland to go there for parts n to chat with nick n pete... :(

they have a sister company in chard.

Bloody shame!!! :angry2:

Pete found my TD5 90 for me when they were like hens teeth and has been a great help and a mate ever since. He always seemed to have what I wanted for my Series One in stock and would let me use the ramps to work on my truck at the week-ends. We need more places like Country Rovers....hope he sets up something else soon.

I guess he will have lost the Zuke special he was building but I don't think he kept the tractor at the workshops.

Knowing the building it will have been a total loss and a ground up re-build even if they do decide to replace it. The supermarket fire next door was as a result of drugged up kids setting fire to a bin.