New workshop project

1 minute ago, Anderzander said:

Lidl and Aldi sell kiln dried logs at decent prices. I used to buy them in bulk and the. Realised the price was about the same ! 

Yeah i haven't tried Lidl or Aldi for logs but used to get mine from Home Bargains and they were great proper dry and burnt fairly slow and threw out alot of heat and sometimes i had to hove the small garage door open 😄

• 2 months later...

I added another shelf down the other side of the building today. I’d originally elected not to put one there as I thought it would compromise the working space but actually there’s enough room, even with a 110 chassis propped up against the wall - and I’m running out of accessible storage.

As the shelves are well above head height they don’t feel like they encroach on your space at all. I did make this one 300mm deep rather than 400 like the others though.

08D65328-C306-42C6-AC6D-EB5FB1AB43FE.thumb.jpeg.566e77cb118995e1286a0277235267cf.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are these things ever really finished? :ph34r:

The interior is pretty much done. I need to make up some cover panels for where the roof insulation extends below the joists but that’s it really.

Externally it needs the corner trims still, and then I need to finish the drainage and cast the slab out the front. A job for the coming spring now it’s warm enough for concreting. There is a plan for a small compressor shed out the back but that’s a separate project and may not progress this year.