Puma heated seats

I'm 'restoring' a puma 2.4TDCI that has been used hard, and while cleaning the seats, I've found something I can't explain. There is no heated seat switch or anything, but the front driver seat (only the driver seat) has cables coming out of it. If I search for puma heated seats on Google, I get different pictures / cables than mine so not sure what to think.. Also not sure how to connect all of this? Looks dodgy to me.. Anyone seen this before?

IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

They may be aftermarket wiring for heated seat pads, possible exmoor trim?   They don't look original colours and certainly not the plugs.

If you release the solid plastic trim at the base of the seat pad, you can remove the cloth trim from the seat and see if you have heated pads fitted.

A quick google shows these on Ebay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-2-seat-4Pad-Universal-dial-Switch-Carbon-fiber-Heated-Seat-Heater-Kit-5-Level/173652937020?epid=2176877615&hash=item286e85893c:g:TCMAAOSwnHZYT5U4

Plugs look similar and they even show you how to wire them up ;)

Edited by Badger110

Those are waeco heated seat elements. I know as I installed a set in mine and I clearly recognise the connector, they are good in my opinion. Wiring is simple, think it takes 12V across one circuit for low heat and dual 12v for high. if you want I can photo my wiring kit and you can replicate? Send me a pm if so as I may miss this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adam001 said:

Those are waeco heated seat elements. I know as I installed a set in mine and I clearly recognise the connector, they are good in my opinion. Wiring is simple, think it takes 12V across one circuit for low heat and dual 12v for high. if you want I can photo my wiring kit and you can replicate? Send me a pm if so as I may miss this.

They are indeed Waeco type connectors.942EA73E-78EE-4205-8175-5EC960EDD904.thumb.jpeg.3205123cdabb67ae5976b1aa89d79bbf.jpeg9109315A-69D6-419C-80F6-533C4083EE73.thumb.jpeg.c66d74c1e45b309511a6950590b0fea5.jpeg 

Looking at those Waeco pads, the elements do look to be of a thicker cable than the standard LR versions.

I had to do a repair to my standards as some one had spilt a drink on them before i owned it and the wire had corroded.

I found out as it burnt a hole in the wife's arse one evening...she wasn't amused and even now hesitates to turn the seat on 😂

• Haha 1