200tdi timing belt kits

I used to buy 200tdi timing belt kits from Glencoyne when I needed them, but they aren't on the website there anymore. Where you you buying yours?

I could buy the individual parts - I know to get a Dayco belt but what tensioner brand do I look for? The Turner site suggests INA (LRDIRECT are cheaper) but i have never heard of them!

Just to add, in case its useful, individual part numbers for the defender 200tdi:

ETC8550 - timing belt 

ERR2530 - tensioner

ETC4154 - front cover seal

ERR1553 - front cover seal

ERC5655 - water pump seal

Would anyone add anything else to this?

I used to buy the kits but they don’t come with everything so you still need to add the extra bits like gaskets etc.

I always have a couple of water pump bolts spare given their propensity for snapping, and if they are looking worse for wear when removed they get replaced in an attempt to pre-empt said snapping for next time it comes apart.

Mine is going to be due some time this November/December. Hopefully have the workshop ready by then as the air gun certainly makes things easier :i-m_so_happy:

The Bearmach one (for a 300Tdi) does come with the necessary gasket. OK it doesn't come with the spare bolts as  you mention but then who snaps bolts when changing the timing belt :hysterical:?

25 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

as the air gun certainly makes things easier

Bah - battery power, don't need the compressor then :D. Also an issue in the new place in that the compressor is not usually where the vehicle is until I finish tearing down / rebuilding the barn.

I have ordered the bits seperately now. I get to choose the make of the bits and bobs then. Most of the kits only seemed to give a brand for the belt, but the tensioner is just as important and OEM means nothing much these days!