Narrow radius arm bushes

Tim2809

I fitted a set of bearmach narrow radius arm bushes to my 110. Within 4 months the bonding has given up so obviously as good quality as britpart. 

I'm thinking of either genuine bushes but they are probably overpriced blue bags now or a set of poly bushes. 

What are peoples recommendations please. 

On 9/11/2019 at 8:10 PM, Tim2809 said:

I fitted a set of bearmach narrow radius arm bushes to my 110. Within 4 months the bonding has given up so obviously as good quality as britpart. 

I'm thinking of either genuine bushes but they are probably overpriced blue bags now or a set of poly bushes. 

What are peoples recommendations please. 

Bearmach gives a three year warranty on their products. Have you contacted them about it? Were they fitted correctly? I have not had a problem with their bushes that I have used.

21 hours ago, ballcock said:

Bearmach gives a three year warranty on their products. Have you contacted them about it? Were they fitted correctly? I have not had a problem with their bushes that I have used.

Will contact them and see what they say, was fitted with a press and correct spacer so as to push them in on the outer edge and not pushing against the rubber. 

Been fitting bushes for over 25 years but never fitted bearmach always been genuine l/r. 

Just wondered if anyone else had issues and if they have gone down hill to britpart standards 

Awaiting reply from bearmach but looking at genuine they are £25 each. At that price it's cheaper to go superpro. 

Believe metalastik are genuine. I suppose if they last another 30 years £100 is not much money but realistically it will be sold on in a couple of years 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:11 PM, Tim2809 said:

Will contact them and see what they say, was fitted with a press and correct spacer so as to push them in on the outer edge and not pushing against the rubber. 

Been fitting bushes for over 25 years but never fitted bearmach always been genuine l/r. 

Just wondered if anyone else had issues and if they have gone down hill to britpart standards 

I wasn't suggesting you didn;t fit them properly but I have seen bushes fail prematurely when they have been tightened before the full weight has been put on the suspension putting the bush in constant torsion.

2 minutes ago, ballcock said:

I wasn't suggesting you didn;t fit them properly but I have seen bushes fail prematurely when they have been tightened before the full weight has been put on the suspension putting the bush in constant torsion.

No not a problem I have seen bushes fitted with lump hammers and then wonder why they split.

The radius arms are 1 of the few you can tighten up unloaded as they don't twist as the 2 bushes hold the axle in the same place. I do tighten the big nut on the back fully once weight is on and settled. 

It's frustrating as I avoid blue bag products for this reason and never had a issue with bearmach products in the past. 

This time of year my working week gets longer so dont have much time to keep replacing things for no reason 

I can tell you from experience that if it is truly OEM then the bushes will have metalastic branding cast in the face of the rubber. If they don't it isn't OEM and won't last.

I managed to rip the middles out of Britpart OEM narrow bushes from Paddocks in a couple of thousand miles. I bought these because LR charged a huge premium for earlier narrow bushes but all other bushes were genuine. 

Eventually I found some replacements advertised as metalastic which were ex- mil surplus stock. These have so far done about 15000 miles without problem.

I have tried a superpro set when I built the 90, nice and tight, perhaps a little harsher ride, lasted 20000 miles of road driving and laning before developing unacceptable slop.

HTH

Mo