Disco 2 dash into D1

BogMonster

If it is a 1993 model then it will be a 200Tdi engine and the dash is completely different. I don't know if the Discovery 2 and the late D1 (1995-98 model year) dashes are interchangeable, they were visually very similar or maybe even the same, but I'd be surprised if they were identical in how they fitted into the body. Post up some photos if you can and we can have a look, but I think it may be very difficult.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BogMonster said:

I don't know if the Discovery 2 and the late D1 (1995-98 model year) dashes are interchangeable, they were visually very similar or maybe even the same,

My RRC came with a D2 dash in it, shape wise it fits quite well, as an installation it is poor but then that is normal for the vehicle (I didn't build it) I think D2 and late D1 are identical carcases. It will fit shape wise into the early D1 but as you say fixings and integrating the instruments and surrounding interior is going to raise a few issues.

Hi Dear SIR'S.

Please can anyone help me out with this.

I want to install a D2 DASH INTO D1 1993 model TDI.

I have removed the dashboard from the D1 and tried to fix the D2 dash in but failed due to the back plate under the dashboard (picture attached) which is very wide and the D2 dash wont sit correctly.

Please can you advise and will sincerely appreciate if provided with some photos and videos.

Thanks best regards

Shabbir.

Africa Tanzania,

Hi dear.

Thanks for your replies.

I have another question please.

The OIL for LT77 manual transmission , some say to use 75w80,and some say ATF can anyone recommend as the vehicle is old enough and the oil I drained was nothing like ATF may be it was no 40 or ?