New seats time

Guys

i shared in the RR section first as I now have some l494 seats from 2014 rrsport, but had no luck.

Can anyone electronically minded help me decipher these please??

im thinking that c33 is the connection blocks under my seats 

I’ve tested the motors and all work individually but how do I power the seats up please.

FFA2EFC5-1A29-4E8D-9509-BB4B4858F608.jpeg

0136C0B1-21DC-4A9B-B714-EAF37A3F3CE9.jpeg

D0D4E8B3-511B-4DE3-A3CD-244E1CAC4174.jpeg

DC744008-75AE-49EA-9E23-6BFEF9471D6A.jpeg

After a lot of diagram reading I now have power to the seats.

i hooked up 

yellow/ red 12v via 30a fuse

brown/ red 12v via 30a fuse

grey/yellow 12v via 15a fuse.

also the 3x blacks for earth

although I now have power I can only move the seats in small increments.. ie.. push switch to slide forward, it moves maybe 10mm then stops, if I let go of switch then press again immediately it goes another 10mm

this happens for all seat movements!??!?

am I missing something.?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Without trawling all through the diagrams, have you got 12v on every wire that could need 12v and ground on every ground?

As far as I know with my very limited knowledge.. would be very grateful if someone else could take a look.

6 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

@Ed Poore

Ed has got RR seats fitted and is an eletrical guru, I'm sure he'd know.

Mo

Lol

If I’m totally honest, it’s Ed that’s got me this far. He’s a top bloke but I think we are stuck now

Thanks fellas

39 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

The GY-YE wire (LOGIC FEED) looks like it should have power on it as it's fed from a fuse.

MS-CAN and LIN wires are data so not much you can do with those.

The gy-ye does have power to it .. 

what does ms-can  mean ??

lin goes direct from switch pack to seat module anyway 

just tried passenger.. wired exactly the same.. guess what.. it does exactly the same thing 😂

the brown/white wire looks like it’s does power for the heated seats part. ( another diagram)

I hooked that to power aswell just in case but no change

im well n truly lost now . Should of paid more attention at school really 

thanks 

1 hour ago, TSD said:

Your seat controller is in a fault/shutdown condition called 'inch mode' because it hasn't got any communication with the rest of the RRS via the local interface bus.

"The seat will be operational in 'inch mode' only if there is a LIN bus failure."

:blush: - admittedly that was along the lines of what I was thinking - it was failing to speak to something on the car. No one to blame but myself, was knackered that particular day and couldn't be bothered to spend some time on Google.

@Chambo110 - do you have both "Module - Driver seat" and "Switchpack - Seat - Driver"? If it's ONLY a LIN bus failure that causes inch mode then if you have both modules there might be a broken wire between the two. What I suspect is that it's also the CAN bus that can cause the inch mode. Assuming you have both modules (I would assume so?) then I'd first check that there's not a broken wire (the grey GY) one?

Now if that doesn't show up anything can you measure the voltage on the MS CAN H and MS CAN L pins (with respect to ground, i.e. negative of the multi-meter on a ground pin and the positive on each pin in turn - DC volts this is) - they should be hopefully relatively easy to spot as I'd hope they are a twisted pair. Hopefully both will be around 2.5V if I remember correctly.

Now here's a slight stab in the dark but there's a small chance the module is simply recognising the CAN bus is not terminated correctly so you might get away with putting a 60 Ohm resistor between CAN H and CAN L to fool it.

When I've got a moment I'll take a read through the document @TSD linked to and see if I can glean anything from it. A quick glance through indicated that the seat goes into sleep mode if no activity is seen on the LIN bus so it might be enough to build a little doohicky that spews carp out on the LIN and CAN bus to fool it into thinking it's awake. Unfortunately I'm not sure it's going to be quite that simple.

Now if you were willing to bring them down to Wales I could certainly pull the control modules apart and do a little bit of reverse engineering. Worst case can always design you a custom circuit board to do all the control work but I'm afraid that might cost a bit more than you want. Depends on how much time you want to invest. I'd be happy to pull apart things for free because I'm nosy like that. We can take it from there - it might be a simple fix, it might be more complex.

Wow.. lots to digest there.

Ed, totally understand. Didn’t expect you to run round after me... but seeing this reply I very much appreciate it.

yep I have the switch pack and I think it has 2 memory buttons on it.. plus the drivers seat control module is under the seat aswell.

i would say the broken wire ( grey one) wouldn’t be the issue as it does it on both seats. 
so are we thinking I should try the MS CAN H and L

I’d love the trip to wales option and just pay you to fix but I’m struggling with work commitments and home life stuff at the minute. ( halfway through an extension) and she gets the raving hump when all these outstanding jobs to do and I pull apart me new seats that I didn’t really need anyway.  😂😂

thanks again for your time and knowledge..

reb

if the 2 small round buttons on the switch pack are the memory buttons, then yes

thanks again 

Hmmm

Eds bit

Now here's a slight stab in the dark but there's a small chance the module is simply recognising the CAN bus is not terminated correctly so you might get away with putting a 60 Ohm resistor between CAN H and CAN L to fool it.”

.. is this worth a try ??

at present those wires are not connected to anything

amd as you say they are twisted ..ye-vi and ye-or

cheers

Not yet.. was working last night. Only awake now as I needed an old man “middle of the night pee”

If you have the time could you do me a halfwits guide on how to. I wouldn’t know what settings to use or anything 

no problems if your busy.. I can google it later 

thanks 

Tutorial here: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-multimeter/measuring-voltage

Basically turn knob to V with straight lines, put black (negative) probe on any ground pin and red (positive) probe on CAN H when powered. Hopefully will give you about 2.5V, do the same but this time measure CAN L.

To measure the resistance across the pins remove any power from the seat and turn the multimeter to the Omega (Ω) symbol. If you've got multiple ranges then you can probably just pick the lowest and go with that. If it appears to max out (how it does that depends on the meter) then go up the range until it stabilises. Technically you should start at the upper range and go down but we're hoping it'll be about 60Ωs here so might as well jump a few.

If it's not measuring 60Ω across the pins (and is much much higher) then the resistor trick stands a chance of working.

So the Vlots seems to be 2

then with no power 

the can L and H I get this reading upto 20k

after that 200k flashes all sorts of numbers then settles to the -1

2000k the numbers jump around all over again ??

doesnt do the -1 though ??

what the hell does that mean ? Or is my meter knackered

Thanks 

0E0AED6D-B185-4662-BF45-F41776530EF2.jpeg

Meter is maxing out - basically the two pins are open circuit.

It might be worth chucking a 60 Ohm resistor across the two pins then, it might, might be enough to fool it.

No warranties offered on this work though :ph34r: