Advice on installing windscreen

Yesterday I got carried away and decent to take my old windscreen out to repaint. Tomorrow I will be installing my new one.

Any advice? Tips and tricks? I will be using the soapy string method and hoping it will work. If I break it, I will seek a professional install, but as an experience, I will try it myself first.

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by Geojake

Be two persons.

Use string and soapy water.

Clean the windscreen frame after having removed the old rubber. Be prepared to sand & paint any bubbles in the metal before fitting the new windscreen.

It will take 1-2 hours if you do not have to paint.

All of the above is good advice. I would add to take your time, have a person on the outside gently pushing on it to keep it in place and help it in and then slowly work your way round on the inside with the string

As always lubrication is key!

Fridge, Fridge, Fridge what utter nonsense you spout!?!....

Always use BEER!!!....Not only is it a GREAT lubricant but also required to steady the nerves when attempting ANY precarious surgical work, plus has the ability to make traumas look insignificant when taken in the correct volume!?!

And as for the LUMP HAMMER???...How else are you supposed to get it in square!?! Chances are the NEW screen will be warped at one corner or the frame will have moved out of shape over time!?!....That and it's a handy thing to have to throw at the kids running around causing a nuisance!!!...Lump Hammers are a must for any job no matter how big or small!!!

As for Mike, what the hell does he know!?!?!?!......Have you actually read any of his posts??? Pah utter tosh i tell you!

• Haha 2