The Liquidator

ROGUE TROOPER

Saw it on TCM tonight and as it was made in 1965 I thought there must be landrovers....................

Yep at the end at an RAF air base (chasing a Valiant V bomber, i think!) our hero Rod Taylor was in the back of an RAF series 1 with screen down chasing the plane.

Later on a Series 2 Fire truck came to his aid when "he" landed the plane!!

Fun!

Saw it on TCM tonight and as it was made in 1965 I thought there must be landrovers....................

Yep at the end at an RAF air base (chasing a Valiant V bomber, i think!) our hero Rod Taylor was in the back of an RAF series 1 with screen down chasing the plane.

Fun!

bit like this:

Valient%20B(PR)1%20turning%20finals.jpg

or victor

victor.jpg

good piccie

JSJ_PC_Handley_Page_Victor_K_Mk_2.jpg

motors tv earlier with the re-run of the 1987 F3 championship, the brands hatch round - series 2 or 2a (i cant tell) fire truck in the edge of shot a few times.

Damon Hill was carp back then too, how did he get to F1?

Fun!

Know the film, I only saw the end when Rod landed??

Can't remenber the film title, my dad was aircrew in Valiants so am interested in finding out.

Oops title of film is the titte of the thread?

PS Valiants are rarely mentioned as they got bad press due to the RAF using them for a role that they weren't designed for.

Guest diesel_jim

heh heh.... i'm just listening to the voices in my head.....

The Liquidator vs. the terminator.

seeing as there are lots of RAF planes and an airfield involved, cue the posh-camp RAF voice....

"I say chaps, i'll be returning....sorry, i mean i'll be back"..... :D:D

Please don't take this the wrong way Rob, but do you have any pictures of Landrovers?

Chris

Not at all, as like any Land Rover owner you build a collection of photo's over time, I myself favouring Military.

Seem to find a lot of TACR1's or 2's around these parts, found this TACR2 recently, poor photo I know, but still:

0754032.jpg

However I found a better picture with better clarity

004.jpg

Even the general stuff catches my eye, such as those common 101's that seem to congregate

0552015.jpg

As well as overseas Land Rovers, one I found was in the Oman state where they seem to have been using 109 softtops for their forces, interesting non the less :)

Hunter5.jpg

that last one is fake....isnt it?

nah, the Omani pilots are mad, one of their pilots in a Jaguar accidentally flattened the roof of a car and left a lovely gouge down the middle where one of the ventral engine bay fins went :blink: suffice to say the pilot was frog-marched off camp and never flew again :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/minivin/Hunter3.jpg

Photography advice.

Its generally better to get closer to the Range Rover when photographing it ;)

Will :)

I know, it's these modern digital camera things, can't get used to them, Rogue Trooper has given me an old SLR which I believe runs on twin SU's, so I should be able to get better volume of picture in future ;)