X-Eng Challenge

JST

Guys. Also fully agreed with all the above,

Certainly after some thought, the sin bin idea would not work for the reasons stated in Jame's points 1 & 2 !

I also feel & hope that 99% of breakages are genuine, I think the problem lies with the pouches !, As this is the first time i have ever lost one, bar for a very early event at Seven Sisters, and that fell off , just driving alone, (yes at site limit ! :ph34r: ) I can not remember seeing results from a past event, with the same amount of detached cards before !.

You sure it was not a new batch of Viking's cheapest you bought James ! :o:lol:

The easiest way to reinforce the cards is to use plastic hole reinforcers before they are laminated.

That way you have four times the amount of protection around the weakest point.

Then punch the hole through the middle of that lot.

We have only had three cards pulled off in 2 years (that we know about) using this system.

The CyberKeys will be attached using a new top-secret method that WILL NOT come off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welded on?

Possible, a touch of super glue on the cable tie and its welded, unless the competitors are gonna take cables ties and super glue, but then James could put a secret mark on his origional ones that only he knows about, or different colours.

On the last event we pulled our card off quite early on, we was well within punch rage (sorry, range) but it was just an awkward one to do. I think the hole was perhaps a little close to the edge for a fourteen stone guy with big wet leather gloves (kinky) balancing on one leg while holding the door open.

I am not complaining (honest) and I understand you need to get in really tight to get the punch, but it seemed to come off with little resistance.

Perhaps cables ties are not the best method, why not two ties, our punch card had two holes, or put the hole in the middle, that would certainly take some pulling off.

a nice reel of sellotape in the cubby box to reinforce the laminated sheets from Lidols

no amount of "don't pull it" at punch 4 would have stopped ours from nearly being pull off

so extreme care from then on was excercised

as Larfy said it was tucked in the dash after each punch to avoid a catastrophe

As Lardy said earlier, we all get told the rules and accept them.

There is nothing to stop us bringing tape etc.. to reinforce the holes if we really want to.

Of course, it's easy for me to say as I've never had one come off.........

Rich