Off Road Engineering- Youtube

Superpants

Ianto is an absolute top chap and does know his stuff inside out... I know various folks that have been through the Off-Highway Engineering course at Harper Adams and they come out with a wealth of experience that covers both theoretical knowledge but this is then underpinned by a practical application.

Our daughter was fortunate enough to do her Dissertation on autonomous vehicle capability in an off-road environment, using a top of the range Full Fat Range Rover around the engineering section at Eastnor with her output then being shared back into JLR.

She’s now a Project Lead with JLR, whilst her partner (also known to some on here...) is ex-Harper Adams, ex-Bowler and is now creating some pretty stunning off-road racing machinery...

It would be good to see some of the YouTube output as being suitable for encouraging STEM subjects at pre-GCSE level, getting kids enthused before they get side-tracked by other subjects and options... even better if they can get it looking at STEM and girls to encourage more diversity feeding through into HAU and other courses.

Thank you for sharing...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

I just wish Ianto would number his vids so that they cann be viewed in the correct order.  I hope this sentiment reaches him, because I refuse to supply Gogle with yet more personal details for them to monetise!

Mike

You can just go onto the videos page of their youtube account and see the order the videos are uploaded in.

I'm not sure that the order of uploading gives the correct order of viewing.  For example, "Wheel Motion Kinematics - Part 1" was uploaded a month ago, and other uploads have occurred since then, but there is no sign of "Wheel Motion Kinematics - Part 2".

Mike

15 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

I'm not sure that the order of uploading gives the correct order of viewing.  For example, "Wheel Motion Kinematics - Part 1" was uploaded a month ago, and other uploads have occurred since then, but there is no sign of "Wheel Motion Kinematics - Part 2".

Mike

The upload order will, but bear in mind that there are only 6 videos in total at the moment and the channel is only a month and a bit old. If they've got the other videos sat ready to go while they do the next Part 2 of whatever subject it makes sense to release them. They're different stand-alone topics.