Dakar / Eurosport

reads90

I get the same fotage here in Aus that i used to get in the Uk . Ie same music and style, layout, and the same bloke . BUT he has not once mentioned any uk teams or any bowlers so wondering if this is how it is this year or if it is edited for Aus , ie he does a couple of edits for around the world. Have seen a few bowlers and desert warriors. Saw both parked next to each other parked by a bike the other day on there but he did not mention them once.

Is this the same on your footage or not

BTW i am backing the VW factory team (as one of the main teams ) manly becasue Land rover do not have a factory team and i had a passat and it was a really really nice car and would always buy a VW if i had to buy a car and not a 4wd (after having the passat) Bit of a shame they are doing sh*t now.

Not much coverage of Bowlers or UK teams. Have seen the odd glimpse of Bowlers, very briefly showed lead Bowler last night. The Tolefson's get a few name checks and Paul Round has been mention once or twice.

Problem here with the coverage on British Eurosport is that it follows the snooker which keeps over running so you never know what time it will be on :angry:

Problem here with the coverage on British Eurosport is that it follows the snooker which keeps over running so you never know what time it will be on :angry:

Tell me about it. I sat down yesterday evening to watch the Dakar programme I Sky+'d the night before only to discover that I had 45 minutes of bloody snooker. :angry: :angry:

Ali, I have heard Bowlers mentioned a lot, no real coverage of them though. I guess that they do not attract the cameras. I fancy VW for the title too, mostly because they seem to be the team with the most money thrown at them.

Chris

Guest diesel_jim

I've sky+ recorded every episode so far and not missed one! although i choose the 23:45hrs one... as SWMBO is usually recording 2 lots of tosh at 21:00!

heard yesterday that the bowler support team are out. problems with the lorry IIRC.

Some nights the programme is on twice, I now set both to record. :) I have not checked last night's programme but I have only won one night of sooner so far.

Chris

If you recorded the 23:15 programme you will only have half of the highlights. If you have Sky+ you had to set it to record both Eurogoals and the Dakar to get the whole show :angry:

The Eurosprt forum has PAGES of complaints, but I expect they'll do what they usually do.................totally ignore paying punters

Guest diesel_jim

Anyone see mondays (i think) highlights... that idiot in the hummer hybrid thing physically pushing the car in front (they were on a narrow track) to get him to move out the way!

i'd had found his tent that night and he'd be waking up with a crowd of people looking down at him! (and the need for some cosmetic surgery!) to$$er! :angry::angry:

Anyone see mondays (i think) highlights... that idiot in the hummer hybrid thing physically pushing the car in front (they were on a narrow track) to get him to move out the way!

i'd had found his tent that night and he'd be waking up with a crowd of people looking down at him! (and the need for some cosmetic surgery!) to$$er! :angry::angry:

Robby Gordon - in NASCAR its accepted practise to rub fenders and door handles, on the Dakar........................................hmmmm

I thought that looked a little shoddy too.

Manual recording on Sky+, a lot like setting the video in the old days. Press services, option 6 and input the desired channel and times.

Chris