Anti Burst door locks. (yes more annoying questions...)

uninformed

Hey all. 

I will be fitting Series style doors to my 110 build. While im researching mirrors and lights, it makes sense to order my locks/latches as well and get it done. I have 2 sets of front doors, with and without the door lock barrel hole. I would like to fit Anit Burst Door Locks.

I did some searching but couldnt find if there are any differences between the various part numbers other than L&R.

I saw 395038 for the Series LH

FQJ103840 for RH and rear, but some sites say rear only??

STC2872 full kit LH

Then on P A BLanchard there are a myriad of part numbers but no pics and little description.

Is there a series style anti burst door lock that uses the defender style srticker?

IN short im looking for the part numbers of the best suited style.  ANd any brands to go for or avoid?

cheers

Hi. 

Here are the part numbers I found on Ebay listing for SERIES ANTI BURST DOOR CONVERSION KIT FOR DEFENDER INC HANDLES STRIKERS LOCKS and the part numbers are: FQB500160, FQB500170, MTC6504, 395038, 395037.

As far as I'm aware anti burst locks [as per yellow doors] were only fitted to military series vehicle. The green doors I presume have same hole to mount the locks but minus the hole for key barrel which can be drilled and anti burst will fit.

• Like 1

Thanks @GregK

The yellow doors are civilian Seriers III. Going by what I think are date codes on the locks, must have been a 79’ build or later??? Australia market btw.

I should clarify, I had assumed that if the door latch had a key/barrel/lock that it must be anti burst. That may not be the case.

Ill google those part numbers you’ve added when I can sit at my desktop and cross check stuf. 

My build is based on a 110 Cab Chassis (tray back Ute) but as a hardtop or truck cab 110 tubs are rarer than rocking horse…. over here, I’m going to customise a SII/IIA 109 tub. I will most probably use my 110 truck cab rear lower bulkhead and graft it into the old 109 tub. 

I have got some early 110 doors and strikers, but they are twenty miles from here.

Strikers are NOT the same as Defender ones, they are just the pin, and do not have the wrap around closing piece. Need a photo really ! Lot easier.

I have had a lot of LRs, but never an ex military series. AFAIK, I dont recall seeing anti burst locks on a Civvy series here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uninformed said:

I should clarify, I had assumed that if the door latch had a key/barrel/lock that it must be anti burst. That may not be the case.

Standard lock do have a lock as well but they are fitted above the handle without a hole in door skin. if you search for good pic of this part number 337801  you will se a difference between standard and anti burst lock. Mine is an ex military and has a anti burst locks the previous s3 was a civilian and it had standard locks fitted. Sorry can't help with later defender stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smallfry said:

I have got some early 110 doors and strikers, but they are twenty miles from here.

Strikers are NOT the same as Defender ones, they are just the pin, and do not have the wrap around closing piece. Need a photo really ! Lot easier.

I have had a lot of LRs, but never an ex military series. AFAIK, I dont recall seeing anti burst locks on a Civvy series here. 

Early 90/110 anti burst lock striker - MRC8444

1B39C8B6-BDA6-43B7-BF3E-33DDBDDF9EB2.thumb.jpeg.1edf414545c218f9b99101f83625ffd3.jpeg

Such a long time since I looked at them, but that looks something like it as far as I can remember. I do remember thinking that I would try to use the standard Defender type striker as an experiment. Not got round to it yet. Only been about ten years, you cant rush these things.

Welding doesnt look great on the photo, does it ?

When I go, I will get a couple of photos for you. Doors and strikers are not fitted to a vehicle though, so will not be clear about assembly order.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Such a long time since I looked at them, but that looks something like it as far as I can remember. I do remember thinking that I would try to use the standard Defender type striker as an experiment. Not got round to it yet. Only been about ten years, you cant rush these things.

Welding doesnt look great on the photo, does it ?

When I go, I will get a couple of photos for you. Doors and strikers are not fitted to a vehicle though, so will not be clear about assembly order.

Thanks mate.

I fitted split doors with anti burst locks to my 2011 puma and had to order separate strikers as the puma doors use something completely different

I ordered these strikers  https://www.sp-4x4.com/product_p/fqb500170.htm

Unfortunately no LR part number but eBay comes up with these  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193719745712?hash=item2d1a98bcb0:g:InUAAOSwAuRfkWOW

LH - FQB500170  

RH - FQB500160

• Like 1

Here are the photos of my very early 110 doors and strikers. Sorry about the carp photos of the doors, they have been there for about 20 years, and since had a lathe put in front of them, and I was hanging over that, and a pillar drill. Doesnt show any detail of the lock itself unfortunately.

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Here are the photos of my very early 110 doors and strikers. Sorry about the carp photos of the doors, they have been there for about 20 years, and since had a lathe put in front of them, and I was hanging over that, and a pillar drill. Doesnt show any detail of the lock itself unfortunately.

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

Thanks for updating. Land Rover bits, a lathe and pillar drill ….sounds like heaven to me 🙂