Dolgellau area mechanics

Badger110

Pulled up at a site to find the battery light glowing on the dash 3 days into our trip.

a quick look at the the top of the alternator shows it’s covered in oil so I’m pretty sure it’s cooked as I replaced the battery a few weeks ago.

Combined with this is the turbo is whistling now…possible oil starvation which may be why the alternator is covered in oil.

The local motor place has a replacement in stock for tomorrow morning, and if it comes to it I can swap it out myself, but if there is a local garage within 20-30 miles of here that could do it, it saves me getting my hands dirty.

Any recommendations for this area? We’re at postcode  LL40 2AB

cheers 

• Badger110 changed the title to Dolgellau area mechanics

We’re still on it! Taken 4 weeks off to tour around the UK as a problem with Millie’s rabies jab stopped us going abroad…even Ireland ( north & south ).

Spent the past week in Wales and then we’re off up north and then the land of the free after that

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:01 PM, Badger110 said:

We’re still on it! Taken 4 weeks off to tour around the UK as a problem with Millie’s rabies jab stopped us going abroad…even Ireland ( north & south ).

Spent the past week in Wales and then we’re off up north and then the land of the free after that

We stayed in Dolgellau (no idea how you pronounce it...) when we visited Snowdonia. I especially liked the hike up to Cadair Idris.

Glad you got it sorted and can enjoy the rest of your trip. 🙂

Filip

• Like 1