300tdi Wiring help

1990 defender 90 300tdi I need some help identifying this wire. Blue/green stripe on the main engine harness. Next in line from the alternator. And the same wire is at the back of the harness. My research says it’s the main harness solenoid connection. I can’t find anywhere to plug it. 
 The motor was swapped to the 300tdi.

D18ABE6F-F117-41F7-A526-E755702F9FA4.jpeg

3DE6E285-4CC6-48AB-A2C9-1A8F88B0919F.jpeg

There is NO Blue/Green wire,

it's Green/Blue trace & is for Coolant temp, some of the engine looms have 2 one near back of engine for earlier engines like the TD & later engines like 300Tdi as some had EGR coolant sender at cylinder head to EGR ECU & the temp sender at thermostat housing for temp gaug,

if no EGR fitted, just safely secure the rear wire to the rest of the engine loom.

• Like 1

I think the solenoid wire is white with a coloured trace, not green - green tends to be for instrumentation rather than controls (and light circuits).  I think green with blue is for coolant sensing, green with black for the oil pressure switch.

The injection pump solenoid wire is white as far as I know (ignition on live). There is a light green with green trace for oil temp and a blue with green trace for one of the wiper motor wires, could it be one of those? 

Thanks for all the responses. Sorry it is a green/blue stripe wire.

The green/blue stripe wire is on the same harness as the alternator and starter. The wire in the back has a a connection that from 2 green wires to one. I figured it was something important. Not sure what year engine was put in. The engine serial number- 18l04691a.

I think Westerns comment about it being the EGR may be correct 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Some engines have their temperature senders in the thermostat housing, some in the rear end of the head, between some of the head bolts.  Your loom looks like it was made to accommodate  either.  It is cheaper for the cap factory to use extra wires to make one standard loom for all their versions of a specific model rather than make numerous versions of the loom that complicate the logistics side.