LT230 tc grinding and clunking noise

The_rayess

52 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

The boot is a rubber cover that protects the sliding joint from mud and dust, think shock absorber boot and you will get the idea regards Stephen

Aha yes i know the shock absorber boot ! But never think about puting it on a driveshaft thats a good idea 🙏

Take off the propshaft. Compress, CAREFULLY, the axle against the bump stops. Completely. 

Measure from the centre of the transfer box to the center of the axle drive flange. That distance, less, maybe, 10 mm, to allow for the gearbox moving on the mountings.

9 minutes ago, The_rayess said:

Thank you ! Do you k ow whats the minimum length of the driveshaft can be ? 

Don't know the absolute minimum length, but you could go down to around 300mm, but it depends upon how much suspension travel you have, if you have a lot you would be better off with a wide angle propshaft regards Stephen

My rear prop is 360mm withbroom to go shorter according to the manufacturer (was a custom made prop).

But that is the more compact LR yokes, your Toyota ones are much longer and I doubt you will get much shorter than that.

1 hour ago, The_rayess said:

Yes i will change it for sure! Yes i drilled the flange on the transfer case ! Whats the shortest driveshaft i can use in length ? 

The Land Rover prop has a raised ring (spigot ring) on the bolt face to the TB flanges. This is a close fit, do the toyota props have this? Without it the prop will not run on centre and will vibrate the hell out of things.

Steve 

27 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

P.s. the Toyota props are well known to be very wide angle, so no problem there.

Yes i dont have problem with angles ! Its fine ! I think my problem with the length of the driveshaft ! Its like arrives to stop no more sliding in ! It should be shorter i think tomorrow i will make measurements! 

3 minutes ago, steve b said:

The Land Rover prop has a raised ring (spigot ring) on the bolt face to the TB flanges. This is a close fit, do the toyota props have this? Without it the prop will not run on centre and will vibrate the hell out of things.

Steve 

Yes toyota also have it ! 

2 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Take off the propshaft. Compress, CAREFULLY, the axle against the bump stops. Completely. 

Measure from the centre of the transfer box to the center of the axle drive flange. That distance, less, maybe, 10 mm, to allow for the gearbox moving on the mountings.

I will do it tomorrow thank you 🙏

10 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Not sure how the toyota props differ, but make sure the UJs are phased correctly for the application. The prop should also probably be re-balanced. 

Yes i rebalanced it ! And change 1 uj i noticed the other one have slightly movement maybe i will re change it but now the sound is almost gone i think

• Like 1