Rear left leaf spring - HELP!

monkey welder

Hi all - i've just come to fit new rear leaf springs to my 1968 series 2A.  When i bought the landy it came with two new Bearmach leaf springs so i've just grabbed one and it says "rear left leaf spring".  Well that's a fat lot of use when i don't know if i'm meant to stand at the front of the vehicle or at the rear of the vehicle to determine which is rear left....!  Saying nearside or passenger side etc. would have been much more helpful.  Please can someone tell me which side "rear left" is before i make a big mistake!  Thanks, Phil.

14 minutes ago, monkey welder said:

Hi all - i've just come to fit new rear leaf springs to my 1968 series 2A.  When i bought the landy it came with two new Bearmach leaf springs so i've just grabbed one and it says "rear left leaf spring".  Well that's a fat lot of use when i don't know if i'm meant to stand at the front of the vehicle or at the rear of the vehicle to determine which is rear left....!  Saying nearside or passenger side etc. would have been much more helpful.  Please can someone tell me which side "rear left" is before i make a big mistake!  Thanks, Phil.

As above the only provision would be where you got the parts from, if shipped from the UK then your rear left spring will not take into account driver weight and fuel tank if on the American side, in that instance I would swap the sides regards Stephen

1 minute ago, Stellaghost said:

As above the only provision would be where you got the parts from, if shipped from the UK then your rear left spring will not take into account driver weight and fuel tank if on the American side, in that instance I would swap the sides regards Stephen

He's in Settle not Seattle ;)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for advice, here is some:  DO NOT buy unbranded u bolts when re attaching the springs.  I did, and the threads stripped at less than 40lbs of torque so i'm now waiting on a branded set which will hopefully be much better quality.  Buy cheap, buy twice (and have to do the job twice)..

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1