Winch Solenoid Recommendation please

Anderzander

My Winch Solenoid (Albright type) has developed a fault switching power out - 12v is reaching both sides of the switching circuits, but only one side is outputting 12v to the motor.

Ebay seems awash with them, nearly all coming from China - is anyone able to point me at one that is affordable and known to be decent quality please? 

• Anderzander changed the title to Winch Solenoid Recommendation please

EV Thompson do a 500amp unit, that is exceptional. None of the condensation issues you get with Albright (and albright copies) or can solenoids, as well as more than enough capacity to take current draw loads.

Fourby sell them, but don't let that put you off, as they can (obviously) be bought much cheaper on Ebay

https://fourby.co.uk/500A-Winch-Solenio  (ignore the typos)

• Thanks 1

I don't use anything else now, when fitting winches for my 'customers'. Althoughon my vehicle I have a cheap Albright copy, that I spent 10 mins rebuilding and drilled holes in the casing to vent condensation.  I have a spare Thompson unit, but like the 1000amp marine kill switch, brand new cables and new remotes, they are all in a box, waiting for time and need. If it works, use the time to fix someone elses carp!

Deliberate mistake its TG not EV

Looking on line, Neil at Fourby is selling them at a good price. He generally buys in cheaply form China and markets at a high mark up, but none of the usual ebayers seem to have any in stock. Shame