Wide angle prop options? Gwyn Lewis or Bailey Morris?

Need a wide angle prop due to the new shocks I've recently fitted, no vibrations or anything. But serious binding under suspension droop.

I was eyeing up this one at Gywn Lewis:

https://gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/product/300tdi-td5-front-wide-angle-hd-prop-shaft-gl-ext-600/?attribute_colour=BLUE

£306 inc VAT

Someone suggested Bailey Morris:

https://baileymorris.co.uk/extreme-4x4-propshafts

More info in their catalog:

https://baileymorris.co.uk/documents/Extreme Catalogue.pdf

Although they list a price of £226 inc VAT, having spoken to them, they tell me their catalog is out of date and the current price is £288 inc VAT but doesn't have a greasable slider like the Gwyn Lewis one. This would be another £60 on top.

So off the shelf the Gwyn Lewis option is £18 more. But quite similar priced. Bailey Morris say 7-10 days lead time, Gwyn's site shows in-stock. Although I'm in no particular hurry.

Both have £14 of shipping to add to the price.

Anyone have any views on which they'd go for?

D&F Propshafts, £160 + VAT each last year, that's wide angle 1310 joints and greasable joints/slipper

Made to spec, with slipper joint options etc exactly as you want, much cheaper than any of the off the shelf jobbies.

Another vote for d&f, mine aren't wide angle but I paid around £200 for two special length props 7 years ago. The props have been in use for 5 years and around 50k miles, I have replaced several uj's but I'm not very good at remembering to grease them and the sliders are still fine.

Mike

On 10/31/2023 at 3:32 PM, Bowie69 said:

D&F Propshafts, £160 + VAT each last year, that's wide angle 1310 joints and greasable joints/slipper

Made to spec, with slipper joint options etc exactly as you want, much cheaper than any of the off the shelf jobbies.

Are they made to order as I can't find anything for Landrovers?

So far they have seemed very helpful. I have ordered a prop. 7-10 day lead time, which is the same as Bailey Morris. They said they would take payment once it is built. 

Priced quoted was £180+ VAT but including shipping. 

This is for a 1310 wide angle prop. Assuming it turns out all ok I’ll probably order a rear prop too when I upgrade the suspension next. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just to follow up on this. The prop turned up, although I think they were a little busy and I did chase. But was only a few days later than they quoted. Worked out at £216 delivered inc VAT.

Fitted straight on no problem. Haven't tested under full flex yet as I still need to fit my new extended brake lines and the weather hasn't been suitable. Thanks @Bowie69 for the recommendation. 👍 I'll get them to build a custom length prop for the rear sometime this year when I mess around with the rear suspension again.

W8I08Bfl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1