Bangers and Cash - restoring classics....

steve b

Any thoughts on the recent Series 1 build?

A rare one for sure, a 1953 86" ??

Apparently even with a mega cost build, when finished, the doors still need to slammed "because it's a Land Rover" :rolleyes:

The body colour painted door top and bottom galvanising over-painted silver was particularly classy.

On the plus side it makes the Car SOS 88 Series 2a Britpart sponsored build look better...

Steve

It's very watchable, having started my LR life with a '55 86" and also had a Max ATV 6x6 (USA version of an Argo) it does poke my nostalgia.

.......I also broke up and scrapped a Hilllman GT back in the early '80's (previous ep.) 

I would have loved to see Julian's version of the build. His work is done with great care and an empathy for both the Land Rover and the client.

Steve 

Some episodes of Wheeler Dealers they used to quote the hours taken. Multiply that by a suitable hourly rate and you rapidly come to the conclusion that restoring cars is a game for the very rich or the very, very devoted!

(Busy self-diagnosing devotion extended to cultism)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

restoring cars is a game for the very rich or the very, very devoted!

Have to totally agree with that, hours I put in on Sid converted to money would be enough for a small mortgage.....lol

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

Some episodes of Wheeler Dealers they used to quote the hours taken. Multiply that by a suitable hourly rate and you rapidly come to the conclusion that restoring cars is a game for the very rich or the very, very devoted!

Yep.  I wish I was in the former group, but no, I’m just in the latter.  😥

• Like 1