Challenger4x4 Tuff Trophy Challenge 2007

KBE

we dont stand a chance really :rolleyes:

but we'll be going simply to

1, fill in some time as we've just found out that the ironman has been cancelled which we were due to go :angry:

2, have a bit of fun and wreck my new paintjob :D

might drag a couple of cheque book offroader along aswel so you guys can torture them as much as i do :lol:

and afink, another reason is to get own back on navi, cos he enters me and my vehicle before i even no about it :rolleyes:

dont forget next week were off on the..... whatever event :angry:

hey, wheres lewis hiding :huh: he got that 110 sorted yet or has he just touched up abit of the yellow paint from his little incident :huh::ph34r:

grabs coat..........out door...............taxi...................

dan

hey, wheres lewis hiding :huh: he got that 110 sorted yet or has he just touched up abit of the yellow paint from his little incident :huh::ph34r:

grabs coat..........out door...............taxi...................

dan

Someone mention my name? The 110 is progressing nicely, as is the 90, 110 can be seen in the thread in my sig, the 90 gets a thread when the tyres go on. Do you drive to events Dan, or have you got a trailer? Do you know of any events a bit more local to staffordshire? :)

:D:D

well i drive to events that are anything upto 100 ish miles away, anything more ill trail it

or if i have a friend or family member near by, ill drive it :lol:

events wise, im helping out buxton and district atm to organise a site up keel for a punch challenge :rolleyes:

dan

I'm so looking forward to this B) Can someone please make Easter come a bit sooner ? But also, obvioulsy, get my 90 prep'd for me by magic at the same time :lol:

Does anyone know (yet) what time we can arrive at the site on Friday and how the prize fund is going to be divided (I need to know if there's a prize for 29th place :lol: )

Also (probably one for Kev) whether I can disable equipment (I'm thinking of rear winch) if I don't think it will be worth the handicap?

I am assuming most vehicles will have over 33".

Could be wrong tho. its been known. ;)

Right... I thought I would have a chance... using handicap... But I guess my fairly standard Disco with 245/75 Mud tyres (and maybe 1 winch) will have to stay on the car park... :rolleyes:

Why don't you put a 10pt handycap if tyres are 7% taller than stock size??? (yes... 245/75 is 6% taller than 235/70 :) )

I'm so looking forward to this B) Can someone please make Easter come a bit sooner ? But also, obvioulsy, get my 90 prep'd for me by magic at the same time :lol:

Does anyone know (yet) what time we can arrive at the site on Friday and how the prize fund is going to be divided (I need to know if there's a prize for 29th place :lol: )

Also (probably one for Kev) whether I can disable equipment (I'm thinking of rear winch) if I don't think it will be worth the handicap?

Can't make Easter come any quicker mate, in fact i wish it was a bit further away. Still loads to do and i've got to fit in doing some bitching at the AWDC challenge at soggy Slab before that!

You can turn up from 09:00 on Friday and you dont have to leave until 11:30 on Monday!

Prizes are an ARB locker for 1st, Set of Staun Beadlocks for 2nd, Extreme Hi-Lift and Staun Tyre deflators for Third and a couple more like self centering steering dampers (havent seen it yet, but apparently its very good) etc. for variouse reasons that we will probably make up on the day.

You can disable equipment if you wish. In the case of winch's. you will need to remove the cable/rope and the cutoff key. I would personally remove the winch itself to avoid any confusion "in the field"

However i would keep it on mate as it should speed you up around the course a bit and i'm sure you could make up that 20 points quickly! :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Kev.

gonna talk to other half tomorrw, i might tag along puerly for the experiance,

top 90, will you and georgie be going along ? u might remember me and matt ?? from last year ;)

scorpion rd 2 ? 1st place ?

dan n matt

I will be if I can get my winches sorted how I want them. Don't think Georgy will be as we are going through a divorce. <_<

But I've got a co-driver who is need of more experiance, so I'm set if the car's done.

Yes, of course I remember you guys.

Rich

I will be if I can get my winches sorted how I want them. Don't think Georgy will be as we are going through a divorce. <_<

But I've got a co-driver who is need of more experiance, so I'm set if the car's done.

Yes, of course I remember you guys.

Rich

:o sorry to hear that rich :o , hopefully we should see you there if you get the winch's sorted,

my 90 is currently in a sorry state :lol: 2 many things to do, such little time to do it in :rolleyes:

dan

Apologies for the delay in replying but i've been away for a few days.

You will not be handicapped for having one winch on your vehicle.

You will be handicapped 10 points for having more than one winch on your vehicle.

You will be handicapped 10 points for having one or more after market axle lockers on your vehicle.

There will be a maximum handicap of 20 points that you can have.

Looks like alot of typing and waffle to end up with the above statement.

Looking at this Pete if you have 4 winches you only get 10 points and your portals have standard difflocks not aftermarket so no penalty there.

difflocks not aftermarket so no penalty there.

But that would surly be a traction aid as such if the axles were not fitted as standard....going on your anallogy.... as I SVA'd my truck as a amateur built vehicle, with the lockers fitted...that would make them fitted as standard....not after market :lol:

not that I'm entered but you can get my drift :D

All meant in good fun ;)

But that would surly be a traction aid as such if the axles were not fitted as standard....going on your anallogy.... as I SVA'd my truck as a amateur built vehicle, with the lockers fitted...that would make them fitted as standard....not after market :lol:

not that I'm entered but you can get my drift :D

All meant in good fun ;)

I like that Les, That "conversation" could go on for ever! :D

and your portals have standard difflocks not aftermarket so no penalty there.

At Challenger 4x4 we are all quite relaxed about this problem. There are so many arguments either way. In my mind tho Portals are not standard, so if you have them and they have lockers in them, then they are an aftermarket locker!

Saying that. We are asking you to declair the spec of your own car to the scruitineer. Its really all in the spirit of the event. Which we want to be hard, but fun, work during the day with a good party at night! Hobbies should be fun, thats what we want to have, with a bonus of some really good prizes if you do well!

I had a dilema last year. I was in Standard class of the AWDC challenge series. For the last round i had a winch fitted into my rear crossmember. Technically, if i was at a punch and needed a rear winch as well as my front,(not allowed two in standard class!) I could have taken the rope off of the front and wound it onto the rear and used it, as i would only have had one active winch at a time. However, i decided not to do that as i thought it was not in the spirit of the event and would upset some of the competitors that had become friends over the year.

Its always a good debate about, portals, lockers, winch's, standard, modified, modified plus, etc. But i find, on the day, these things are forgotton by those that compete and good teamwork always shines through.

I would hope that by the end of this season, a "standard" class structure will be accepted by all those that organise events and a "standard" set of rules and regs are adopted by all. So it will make any competitors life easier when they apply. I.e We all know how to prepare our cars for any event and we all know how the scoring will be calculated.

I know there are other organisers that favour this idea ( in fact, they thought of this before i did, i just thought i'd mention it now!) I wonder what you the competitors think?

Kev.