Superpro v's Bearmech bushes

SOA 93

I bought a Bearmech bushing set from Devon 4x4 last year they were on special offer for around £60, I’d read on their forum that these were actually Superpro bushes packaged Bearmech, they certainly look the same.

Later on a visit to Rakeway, who are Superpro dealers, I showed them one of the bushes to compare with a genuine Superpro bush, I left it with them and they duly quizzed the rep. Apparently the rep seemed to think that they were copies and not as good as genuine Superpro.

Fast forward a few months to the Donnington 4x4 show where Superpro had a stall, I asked about the Bearmech bushes and was told that yes they were the same bushes, however Bearmech supply there own metal parts in the kit and I think they may source there own grease also. He was not certain if this would carry on much longer.

At the moment Devon are selling theses Bearmech kits for around £90, I asked at the show how much the Superpro kits were £150ish, Still a fair saving.

Thought this might be useful to anyone who is about to buy bushes, to any of you to whom this is old hat, apologies.

Andy

Or save even more money by using OEM bushes and not wasting time and money on any brand of poly!!!!

Just the opinion of a very biased person who dislikes every brand of poly bush he has yet set eyes on!!!

IMHO they do not work properly ( offroad ) and knacker the other bits they come into contact with.

David

Or save even more money by using OEM bushes and not wasting time and money on any brand of poly!!!!

Just the opinion of a very biased person who dislikes every brand of poly bush he has yet set eyes on!!!

IMHO they do not work properly ( offroad ) and knacker the other bits they come into contact with.

David

I would only call your opinion biased if you recommended someone elses bushes, which you clearly don't :lol:

Lots of people go back to standard bushes for those very reasons, others stick with poly just because they are easier to replace, and some people get on great with them.

Andy

Interestingly enough, I have just bought a set of Britpart blue polyurethane bushes from Paddocks, which come packaged in an identical looking box (appart from the printing) to the Bearmach set. The bushes look the same as the bearmach ones and are even separated in the same 'compartments' within the box.

_Def_to_KA930455.html'>http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/OFF_ROAD/B...o_KA930455.html

Bearmach ones:

http://www.devon4x4.com/shop.php?mode=prod...amp;product=136

I have been happy with original equipment 'Metalastic' bushes but would never again fit Britpart replacement 'rubber type' pattern parts as they don't last long at all.

I have used blue Genuine Polybushes on the front radius arms, and these have been doing well(though the four bushes cost as much as a whole set of Britpart blue polyurethane bushes!). I bought the Britpart kit to try as they were cheap for a whole set and my rear chassis/trailing arm bushes needed replacing and I have already been through 2 pairs of britpart rubber ones and 1 pair of Metalastic ones.

I shan't bother changing any of the other original bushes at this stage because they don't need replacing.

Regards,

Diff

I have gone back to OE bushes , 1st set were the paddocks Orange Deflex ones , they lasted about 7 months (except the shocker bushes 6 weeks)

I went on to the red Polybushes , Rear radius arm to chassis bushes lasted two events .

The OE bushes have been in for 8 events and the same number of months now and still look fine ,

And I recon they drop out better than the Polys , More Articulation .

Mark , I also was going through Panhard bushes , So after lenthening the Panhard rod (due to 4 " lift ) everything is fine and settled with no permanent strain on the bushes .

I bought a Bearmech bushing set from Devon 4x4 last year they were on special offer for around £60, I’d read on their forum that these were actually Superpro bushes packaged Bearmech, they certainly look the same.

Later on a visit to Rakeway, who are Superpro dealers, I showed them one of the bushes to compare with a genuine Superpro bush, I left it with them and they duly quizzed the rep. Apparently the rep seemed to think that they were copies and not as good as genuine Superpro.

Fast forward a few months to the Donnington 4x4 show where Superpro had a stall, I asked about the Bearmech bushes and was told that yes they were the same bushes, however Bearmech supply there own metal parts in the kit and I think they may source there own grease also. He was not certain if this would carry on much longer.

At the moment Devon are selling theses Bearmech kits for around £90, I asked at the show how much the Superpro kits were £150ish, Still a fair saving.

Thought this might be useful to anyone who is about to buy bushes, to any of you to whom this is old hat, apologies.

Andy

The Bearmach ones are the same a superpro made in the same factory 5 miles down the road from me

Which was the joke i had with gary at bearmach as i bought a set of their bushes and they have been from here to the uk and then shipped back to 5 miles down the road from where they were made :D

But i fitted mine and drove around aus and had no problems with them and are still fine and on the car

IFast forward a few months to the Donnington 4x4 show where Superpro had a stall, I asked about the Bearmech bushes and was told that yes they were the same bushes, however Bearmech supply there own metal parts in the kit and I think they may source there own grease also. He was not certain if this would carry on much longer.

amazing what somone will tell you to sell you theres rather than someone elses :D:D

Righto lets get this right

SuperPro bushes are from the same manufacturer as Bearmach BUT the steel inserst are not (they are cheapo indian imports and only andodised not galvanised) AND the Bearmach stuff uses a basic fitting grease whereas SuperPro use loads of bloody good high impact grease. Bearmach bushes are mostly the older design as the trade agreament was signed a good while back. SuperPro are warranteed for life!

OE bushes DO NOT last as long and will not work as well off road as polyurethane bushes - what is good about OE bushes is that they are soft unlike the cr*p from Deflex and Polybush which is too hard. SuperPro/Bearmach are much softer (almost the same as rubber in some fitments) and will last almost indefinately in most conditions even those that certain numpties in the challenge scene would put them through.

SuperPro are more than worth the extra pennies but don't bother with the castor correction

The above is fact not partial hearsay/urban legend

To settle this

From the Horses mouth

Ali is correct, but we do supply our own metal work, that is actually manufactured in the U.K. Less than 1 mile from the caerphilly site. They are anodised, not galvanised,,

The bushes are super pro for the time being

Also please note that (another suppier) has an 'exact' copy of the kit we supply that does not even last 5 mins, it made in india we think.

Gary