judder and clunk !

right, my 90 is annoying me now :rolleyes: so just after a little helping hand,

as im pulling up (breaking) to a junction, as the speed drops below 30mph i get a slow judder and a clunking noise all the way until i eventualy stop :blink:

no the juddering doesnt get anymore violent, but the clunking noise get closer together between clunks ?

me thinks transfer box :huh:

changed oil few weeks back and put fresh in, the old was abit sandy and thick :ph34r:

any other ideas ?

dan

nope :rolleyes:

o to add another thing

my clutch slippes like a b****** when warm, now it cant be because my ass is heavy and the 200tdi under bonnet is pumping out about 150 bhp (full width cooler, pump opend up and turbo up)

cos ive got the clutch fitted that simon used to use on his tdi's when he was a manuel :rolleyes:

and it only just started to slip :blink:

from warm, give it a clog full 3rd 4th 5th itll slip back off rev's abit itll bite and away you go

dan

right, my 90 is annoying me now :rolleyes: so just after a little helping hand,

as im pulling up (breaking) to a junction, as the speed drops below 30mph i get a slow judder and a clunking noise all the way until i eventualy stop :blink:

no the juddering doesnt get anymore violent, but the clunking noise get closer together between clunks ?

me thinks transfer box :huh:

changed oil few weeks back and put fresh in, the old was abit sandy and thick :ph34r:

any other ideas ?

dan

Propshaft UJ on the wayout?

nope all replaced monday, as i say, only happens when slowing down fine from any speed until i hit 30 then it starts :rolleyes:

wether im in neutral, in gear with clutch pressed

its only when slowing down tho :huh:

but ive noticed that just lately, when pulling away, its jerking all over the place, got to be real steady on clutch

it seems to me like theres some serious transmission winde-up, but, jack any wheel up and there is only a little weeny amount of movement when the wheel lifts off thee ground :unsure:

or like its half in and out of center diff, but ive even been underneath and had a peep in through the side access cover to the center diff selector shaft, and its fully out :blink:

so im asking around now for help of other people :rolleyes:

dan

Check the pinion bearing. I had a similar issue, utterly annoying.

Be aware that if you've had this for a long time, the pinion bearing 'house' might have gone oval, thus calling for a new diff 'nose'.

I experienced his juddering before slowing down at low speed on my old 109. It turned out to be the rear bearing in the transfer box wobbling around. Cured by taking off a few shims. Check by rocking the propshaft at the brake drum.

ive just got to p***** off with it now, so the whole lots coming out and fresh uns going back in to wreck :lol:

when fettling under there , the noise seems to be coming from the mainshaft/input area to the lt230 box, but i cant be bothered to look, the whole lumps coming out as im running out of time with it now with competitions coming up soon :angry:

also i need to look at my damn clutch which is being a arse :angry:

dan