Any experiance with yellow springs?

scottydo

Just seen that the two addocks are doing cheap 2 inch lifts. the kits are procomp es9000 shocks withe yellow birtpart springs.

Does anyboy have any experiance with these springs? I know the shocks are good as i ran them on the old 90 but foolishly got rid of them in a temper tantrem.

Also if i did buy them would anbody close to me want to help me fit them for a few beer tokens as i dont have the right tools?

i think the yellow springs are quite a serious HD set so you get the lift but loose some comfort unless you are running the wagon with alot of weight in most of the time or do alot of towing. i may be wrong on this one as i have no exp of these particular ones.

What are you primarily after? lifted vehicle with same comfort or better load carrying capabiliy? remember HD ones can also limit articulation.

i am running HD rears on the hardtop as it does alot of towing, these are Bearmach ones and gives it a 1" lift.

the truck cab is +15% stiffness front and +20% rear with +2" alround so it maintains articulation. they are from Procomp.

ES9000, i would get +2" ones whilst you at it if your going to do any off roading.

on the other note yep once you are sorted you are more than welcome to pop over and i'll give you hand to change them. would be weekends only though i am afraid. (unless you wait to christmas)

Well the person to ask is Luvvers, as he has them on test on his rangie IIRC from the TOR article and highly rates them. But not totally sure if they are the britpart ones. Although he did say they took a bit of setting in to get them to articulate. I think they come in a choice of soft medium or hard. Im sure he will be along soon to tell you or someone else will.

HTH

Jonathan

Hi Scotty

I have them on the Hybrid and they've been fine. If they come in different densities, I have no idea about the ride then because I haven't a clue what I have on there. But the ride is not harsh and as you know they articulate/dislocate ;) no problem :)

I went to change out mine with RR HD Police Spec (Red/White) ones as the hybrid had a lean on drivers side. It turned out that there was a small bit of tiredness in springs but lean was still there. So fronts stayed on and I used spring isolators to takeout lean. I left the RR springs in the rear and it showed that the yellow springs weren't as hard as the RR ones.

So nothing really helpful there ;););)

Cheers

Steve

Im not allowed to tow but every now and then i carry about a dead stag(wouldnt know how much one of these ways) on geenlanes so the springs would have to be able to cope with some load but not alot.

Mr bishop ive got a budget but its alrite to splurge on a set of shocks and springs especialy(sp?) when they are just under 200 magic beans in price. Im also going to go for dislocation cones and lowered shock mounts for the rear and some of those fancy lookig yello shock turrets for the front cos they look just to damn cool. B)

James i think i might take up your offer on that ill give you a ring when/if i decide on doing it.

Slighty off topic but any of you somerset/devon boys going greenlaning any time soon?

i would go for std rate springs with +1 or +2" ht if i were you as your not carrying much for prolonged periods. that way you wont get bounced around so your teeth ache the whole time!!!

if you fit +2" shocks and also drop rear shock mounts you would also need to conider extending the bump stops.

if your going to go +2" alround i would also look at longer flexible brake pipes. esp the front on articulation.

nothing wrong with running the std front turrets - unless they are knackered. i would only change to tubular ones if your going for extend/reduced ht ones or considering twin dampers up front.

if your changing them becasue there knackered then i have some you can have.

no worries ref coming around to do the work at mine, a phone call away.