110 vs 90

Hey all ! ive got myself a 110 defender am currently fixing and upgrading am new to land rover and was wonder if the 110 are any better or worst than the 90 i know your "rake over" is bigger is that the right term ? and how many people use them in extreme of roading?

at the moment ive fitted a new gearbox , got new disks and pads all round new bushes allround , rear shocks new lh mirror , ive waxoyled the who chassis , got new brake lines their but i need to do the whole brake system on it , service the engine also then paint it and add the accessorys what u think so far thanks kiall

and btw am 19 and work in fraser c robb in drymen scotland if anyone knows it

post-3228-1174941590_thumb.jpg

looking good, ref 90 or 110 it depends on what you want it for, i did a MOC challenge in a 110 a while ago and we came second on special stage against the clock on the sheer grounds that the bumps and dips were 90/100" sized!

think i would stick with the 90 now for competing though.

Sounds like you have done alot of work on her already. whats the overall aim>? work horse?

looking good, ref 90 or 110 it depends on what you want it for, i did a MOC challenge in a 110 a while ago and we came second on special stage against the clock on the sheer grounds that the bumps and dips were 90/100" sized!

think i would stick with the 90 now for competing though.

Sounds like you have done alot of work on her already. whats the overall aim>? work horse?

yea planing on using it for work and personal stuff it gives me enough room to put my topbox in and have every else in that i want , plus i need it we tend to tow large items about and go places really of road plus it a project to show of my own skills aswell

One time out of ten a 90 will get where a 110 can't, but then sometimes it's the other way round too :P usually picking your line carefully can get you anywhere a 90 would go.

The difference is you can't swing a cat in the back of a 90 but you can swing a whole cattery in the back of a 110 which makes it infinitely nicer to live with IMHO.

110s are barges. Best thing you can do with it is drive it into the canal, fill it with coal and send it on it's merry way :D

90s on the other hand are what God and the Angels drive. Can't ask for any better recommendation than that, can you ?

Mo :)

Guest dew110CSW

As said above, it depends what you need out of your vehicle. 110s are a little down in having a long belly and a fat a**s but with careful (Read nuts) driving you can get them pretty much anywhere a 90 can. a 110 is also a lot more practical, in a CSW you can seat 6 people and still have the same luggage space as a 90 with 3!

I choose a 110 because I prefer them as vehicles, imo the 90s look a little squashed and are a lot less practical to live with. Expeditions ect.. generally use 110s as they are far easier to get junk into.

Not really "Extreme use" but it does offroad okay

SD530247-1.jpg

As well as a 90? I couldnt say, for most situations probably not

I should point out that there is no useful space in either a trayback bobtail 90 or a trayback bobtail 110

Lewis :)

Hmmm horse's for course's i had a swb IIA before and had no room for my gear (rubbish) now i have the 110 and still have no room (but can carry more rubbish) but the 110 is a lot more use when it's clear and it used to make up to a decent double bed which we used for holiday's for 5 years (whith caranex on the back for cooking etc) AAAaaahh happy memories :i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy: