OEC Challenge Sat 5 May 07

JST

Les - no worries, thanks for letting me know, sorry we missed you leaving on Sun.

HH - thanks for confirming, i will try and source some on fri (mats that is)

Well looks like Jase and Lard wont be coming along anymore, and Martin has pulled out after doing a CV and rear diff at the CSW event.

all food orders and competitors list updated as i understand it.

Jase - do you knwo if Dan and Scott are coming? i have currently taken them off the list (and their food order)

if you had let him known you were coming it would prob have been OK. i expect due to the heat the special sauce was off thats why they didnt have any back for you last Fri....

Off chance here I know, but is anyone coming to this event from or via Hampshire who knows where Jon White lives. If so would they mind picking up some stuff (a winch rope and fairlead) from him to give to me at the event.

Much appreciated

Mark

PS anyone going to be in the same pub as last time (near travel lodge?) we hope to call by for a shandy since we have a campsite just upo the road!

Sorry Mark , not me going straight from work to Bristol tonight!

If anyone else wishes to add to the food order then please PM Jim direct as i wont be posting here again before the event.

See you all tomorrow.

I went along to Bampton today to spectate for a change , It was interesting to watch how differently people tackle the punches .

Fantastic weather and ground conditions were getting rather dry in places .

And thanks to Jim for the F&C and I promise no more remarks about your early closing , I understand why know , So you can spend more time on your truck ;)

A few pics from today.

post-1171-1178393394_thumb.jpg

post-1171-1178393428_thumb.jpg

post-1171-1178393444_thumb.jpg

post-1171-1178393482_thumb.jpg

post-1171-1178393508_thumb.jpg

post-1171-1178393536_thumb.jpg

Well guys another event and most seemed to enjoy it, i think the hard ground made life a little easier since the last OEC event although it also helped increase the number of breakages!

First time with a slightly different format in that the punches were set over a smaller space and were designed to be easier to cater for the std and std+1 classes, unfortunately those classes had entrants who couldnt make it last minute so were very small fields and it slightly backfired! none the less i hope you all enjoyed the event. there is an event writeup (or wil lbe soon) on my website under the reports heading.

All competitors should now have had an email with some pictures and the event results.

Thank you to Jim for lunch (on time yet again!) and to the Marshalls for helping with the running of the event - HH, Chris, Dave, and Matt.

Those of you picked up on scrutineering make sure the issues are resolved prior to entering another event! - Paul!!!!

Special mention to Treebloke for his help as a competitor recovering other competitors - Paul again!, i hope the tree strop comes in handy!

Results:

Std:

Paul Radford + George Mills

Std +1

David Sawdon and Hilary Evans (Hilary’s first time as driver – very well done)

Modified:

1st Martin Hounsell – 80 punches, 1553hrs finish 4665 pts

2nd Dereck Hounsell and Sarah Evans - 80 punches, 1603hrs finish. 4665 pts

3rd Steve Gittins and Mark Morgan 2265 – retd 1400hrs

4th Richard Wheeler and Connor Davis - 1198

5th Martin Stainer and Alen Cousins - 660

6th Mris Murphy and Craig Hope - 551

=7th Bert Smith and Crig - 517

=7th Grame Mitchell and A Lewis- 517

9th Bob and Dawn Smith - 515

10th Pete Mitchell and Jim Vincent - 317

11th Tony Sheppard and Ian Sheppard –269

Retired (No score)

Martin Gilpin – 1130hrs.

Also a small note to say that if competitors could all turn up next time with trucks as clean as TAZ90 (including back to blacked tyres....) then i would be bl**dy impressed! (Take note Kris!)

HH - cheers for the diesel!, it ensured i got to the fuel station and took 57L to fill her!!! so it was close!

I look forward to seeing some of you at the next event - 16 Jun - Wellington, see other thread to register your interest.

On a last note for those of you who have a competition truck (steady Jim i meant a driveable one) but are only interested in greenlane trips a reminder that those start again in Nov - Lardy......