OEC Challenge Sat 5 May 07

JST

James,

We are not going to make this one as my truck will be off the road for a couple of months.

The hole in the timing cover allowed a considerable amount of silt into the sump which unfortunately has gone around the engine a few times. The smaller particles that pass the strainer end up suspended in the oil and act as good grinding paste …………. before all the smart questions start coming ………… on most RV8 engines with an oil cooler, not all of the oil is filtered as oil passing through the cooler bypasses the filter.

I have removed about half a lire of ‘heavy’ silt from the sump but the grinding action has sh@gged the crankshaft, oilpump, camshaft, piston rings, and rocker shafts ………… also, I think there may be other problems as the engine runs very hot after a short run (less that a couple of miles)………. so basically, the current 3.5 is scrap……….. :rolleyes:

I have located another 3.9 near to me and I will be rebuilding it …….. its current condition is unknown, so as long as it doesn’t have a slipped liner then the rest is rebuildable.

:)

Ian

Is anyone staying at the travel lodge at the M5 Jct 27 on the Fri night? If so do they want to get together in the pub (name escapes me) 200m up the road from it say 1930 onwards? or when ever you will arrive?

Is anyone staying at the travel lodge at the M5 Jct 27 on the Fri night? If so do they want to get together in the pub (name escapes me) 200m up the road from it say 1930 onwards? or when ever you will arrive?

Waterloo :D

Maybe....

Last time we got there about midnight so needed sleep. :)

Taunton Deane Travel Inn on the M5 is £49 a night, £10 cheaper than the travel lodge.

That's where we stayed last time, got the two places confused.

no licensed bar though. :) so may be ideal for you Orgasmic Farmer.

Rich

Looks like for the sake of tranquility in the Brock household, I'm going to have to bail out of marshalling,

With me being away the weekend just gone, and the weekend after next me being in Wales with Adrian and Mick Wolfe the weekend after that....SWMBO is playing up a bit :blink:

Can't think why me-self :rolleyes:

So Apologies...and Cancel my F&C :(