AWDC Challenge Trophy Round 2

Come on then, who's going???? I know there's more than a couple of us still trying to bolt trucks together as quick as we can.

It's looking more and more likely that I will make it now that I have resolved a couple of issues with the truck and my biatch has managed to shirk himself of his family responsibilities.

Come on then, who's going???? I know there's more than a couple of us still trying to bolt trucks together as quick as we can.

It's looking more and more likely that I will make it now that I have resolved a couple of issues with the truck and my biatch has managed to shirk himself of his family responsibilities.

Well! i so want to be there...........just to have a look at my old truck!

I will be there along with Ned, and Glyn will be going with is stand in bitch (big bitch) :D Barry while Shirley is on holiday

thats if we don't destroy the cars this weekend at challenger 4x4 comp

Adrian is the motor ready or are you still weighing up the competision ;):D

it should be up and running by the end of the weekend.. final bits get put on tonight/tomorrow morn - and then its time see if she runs... :D

but Sodbury is saturday which is where we shall be - selling - for the first time ever....

I will be there along with Ned, and Glyn will be going with is stand in bitch (big bitch) :D Barry while Shirley is on holiday

I'll let you know on monday how i'm doing! i'm not stressed :( .......Jim'll work his magic tomorrow!

Entry List as at 5th April

Entries capped at 35 cars, only three places left

Entry closing date Tuesday 10th April

Online entry available via www.awdc.co.uk

2 Richard Nicolson Nik Tall Land Rover 90

3 Robert Jones John Hall Land Rover 90

4 Steve Lait Nick Slade Suzuki SJ413 LWD

7 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly Land Rover 90

8 John Sales Phil Cross Land Rover Hybrid

9 John Fair Tracey Harrold Land Rover Discovery

13 Sue Gawne Kevin Moss Range Rover Bobtail

15 Paul Whibley Tony Blunt Land Rover 90

16 Steve Jeffries Peter Cooper Suzuki Samurai

17 Carwyn Henry Mark Pinchen Suzuki Samurai

18 Glynn Yates Nathan Flinton Land Rover 90

20 Chris Ould Simon Roberts Land Rover Tomcat

24 Gavin Lawrence Ryan Lawrence Land Rover 90

25 Chris Abel Tom Butler Range Rover

28 Ben Hollis Simon Hazard Land Rover 90

30 Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton Land Rover 90

33 Dave Stokes Edd Cobley Land Rover 90

35 Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gethin Land Rover 90

37 Ivan Barrett Steven Earnshaw Land Rover 90

39 Dave Mason Trevor Tatler Land Rover Hybrid

41 Gary Zoller Paul Orchard Land Rover 90

64 Neville Hudd Kevin Bailey Eager Land Rover 90

65 Mark Sinclair Matt Riley Land Rover 90

66 Zoltan Guzi John Bazley Land Rover 90

71 Nicolas Bolt Chris Bolt Toyota Landcruiser

74 Mark Wilson Lee Marchant Land Rover 90

76 Dave Kirby Anthony Kirby Land Rover Discovery

77 Jonathan Jacques Matt Hubbard Jeep CJ-7

78 Andrew Callow Lewis Bullock Land Rover 110

79 Ian Corfield Emma Corfield Land Rover 90

80 Clare Dixon Simon WIlkinson Land Rover 90

81 Christopher Bannatyne Luke Bailey Jeep Wrangler

Spectators welcome

Barbeque Sat night for competitors and marshals courtesy of Scorpion Racing

Entry List as at 5th April

2 Richard Nicolson Nik Tall Land Rover 90

3 Robert Jones John Hall Land Rover 90

4 Steve Lait Nick Slade Suzuki SJ413 LWD

7 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly Land Rover 90

8 John Sales Phil Cross Land Rover Hybrid

Spectators welcome

Barbeque Sat night for competitors and marshals courtesy of Scorpion Racing

I was happier with the first round list................as i was no1 then :o:lol: now i've got to work bl**dy hard to get it again :lol:

BBQ saturday night........................ i'll be the one in the car park ''still'' working on his motor ;):D

See you all there :)

BBQ saturday night........................ i'll be the one in the car park ''still'' working on his motor ;):D

See you all there :)

You'd better keep Pigster away from any free ale. You know how useful he'll be the next morning if he has one too many :lol::lol::lol:

got a replacement co driver in for this one and possibly the next one.

He has never done any chalenge events or seen any before :rolleyes:

I have set out 10 punches around my parents farm today and i am hoping he will come over tomorow for a intensive training course :D

note I avoided saying crash course :D

thats just cheating that is rob... shocking behaviour - -practise... phaaa thats for nancies... :D

AS for your comment divster - -that whisky was spiked, with some pretty potent stuff called 'alcohol'... I understand its pretty expensive and almost impossible to get hold of - so they must of had it in for me. I have made sure that my beverages like stella have contained none since.. :D

Damn, the lorry cant be taxed or plated in time so we've had to borrow a trailer and a Td5 disco to tow it

Dont worry Adrian - you wont be the only one still working on the car on saturday evening - I've still got a load of wiring to do and a driver thats never driven the car offroad before :o

Lewis :)

I'll be there, with my underpowered inflexible engine and fat axles :rolleyes:

Oh good, thats at least one team we'll beat with our underpowered loud smelly water hating unreliable engine and skinny axles :ph34r:

Theres a pile of junk useful items in the car for you

It looks like I'll still be working on the motor on Saturday too. The refurb of the 8274 hasn't quite gone to plan, putting me behind schedule. Still got all of the kit stowage to sort.

underpowered loud smelly water hating unreliable engine and skinny axles

Hmmm, I've got a similar set up Lewis. This'll be the first time out for me in this truck. I've got to get used to an auto too. Time will tell I suppose :ph34r::ph34r:

Hi All,Just waiting for new steering control valve to replace the new one that gave up half way through c4x4

hopefully it will come today, stuck if it dosn't

fixed glyns truck, winch bunched up on one side and cracked the casting causing the braces to swing free

Can't seem to find a mention of the BBQ in the recent event e-mails. Is it still on????

Yes on Sat night

Can anyone who has spare firewood lying around please try and bring some before we deplete KORC's stock

Well done to all those who slogged away at an extremely hot Kirton :D

THe site lived up to its reputation once more with many people spending many hours stuck in the gloop.

Results are now available

HERE

Especially well done to Dirty Diesel on his 2nd place and Adrian Turner on his 3rd after a 3.00am arrival after finishing the car.

Well done to all those who slogged away at an extremely hot Kirton :D

THe site lived up to its reputation once more with many people spending many hours stuck in the gloop.

Results are now available

HERE

Especially well done to Dirty Diesel on his 2nd place and Adrian Turner on his 3rd after a 3.00am arrival after finishing the car.

Thanks for another great event, the Punches were well set out and the quality rather than quantity really works well. Ive still got a big grin on my face :D , i cant beleave the Range rover worked so well considering it was its fist time out!

Well, it was our first comp ever, and Andrews first time driving the truck so a massively steep learning curve for us, thankfully people were there to help out along the way

I met a few forum members and generally had a good time, although next time we need to spend more time doing punches rather than driving to them and then deciding we couldnt do them due to water (bl**dy V8 cr*p)

Thanks to Neil and his team for a great event, I especially enjoyed punches 1 and 2 in the trees, we left behind a lot of paint off the cage though :rolleyes:

26 78 Andrew Callow Lewis Bullock 2 600 1000 1600

Not bad for our first go, but the 1000 points on SS1 did cost us a petrol tank :blink:

See you all at round three

Lewis :)

Couple of photos, nothing exciting

Panorama of the parc ferme this morning IIRC, although it could have been saturday night,

SD530867.jpg

SD530868.jpg

SD530869.jpg

SD530870.jpg

SD530871.jpg

SD530872.jpg

We managed to rent a trailer narrower than the car :blink:

SD530859.jpg

There she is post event having dumped most of the petrol at SS1

SD530874.jpg