This weekend I will be mostly....

BogMonster

MPB is closest...

TJ101 gets a ruddy great slap around the face with a wet fish :angry::D

Nope, by the middle of next week I should have a wodge of cash, and with another wodge of cash, by about the end of the week I should have one of the very last brand new 300Tdi Defenders on the planet, a shiny new 2006 model year Tonga Green 110SW 300Tdi with Absolutely NO Electronics in it thank you very much (apart from the CD player I guess) :) :) :)

Photos to follow ;)

Guest diesel_jim

a rice burner?

unimog?

go-ped?

5~7 years for good behaviour?

edited to add:

Damn, i was too slow! just read your reply!

cool..... 110 SW's rule!!! welcome to the club.

Guest diesel_jim
Only one thing cooler, a CSW :D

Mine is a CSW.... i just didn't want to make the non CSW-rubber mat-plain clear window-no sunroof-boys feel inadequate... :lol::lol:

moving house is the new topic :(

neither of which interests me TBH.

Tell me about it, same here, whats to spend a fortune to house even more darn horses,, , :unsure:

much more pressing matter of a bigger boat !! :D

Guest dew110CSW
Sorry, i know its a sore subject !! slap self-administered :wacko:

Enjoy the 110, fine vehicle,, felling sad, as just sold mine :blink:

TJ, Wasn't yours a Bonatti Grey XS? My dream Landie :)

XS is the tops

electric windows/heated screen/part leather seating/leather steering wheel/air con/heated seats/traction control/ABS :)

and a stinky Td5 with lots of things to go wrong :P

The "standard" spec SW we get for here has cloth seats and metallic but nothing else - no carpets because they always get wet and smell mouldy after a while, if you are using it as it was designed.

Oh well, off to the garage, it is too nice today and I should be out in the RIB instead :(

TJ, Wasn't yours a Bonatti Grey XS? My dream Landie :)

Dew, had a 90XS in Bonatti, a couple of years ago !!, but not a 110, Think SteveG's 110 is thought :unsure:

had a few in Oslo blue or Silver, think the last one in Rimmi/Alveston was the nicest :)

Stephen, know what you mean re TD5, but personally, never had a problem with any of them "engine wise" :blink:

Werent the later 300TDi's ECU controlled, just the same as a TD5...... :lol::ph34r:

Not in this part of the world. If you can find an ECU controlling this engine, you can have it :)

Later (Td5 aged) 300Tdis were never sold in "emissions markets" so there is no extraneous garbage on the engine at all. This has no EGR, no alarm/immobiliser rubbish, and definitely no EDC silly nonsense on the injector pump. Give it diesel, air and 12 volts and it will go :D

Fuel pump will get left alone till I am sure the engine is not going to go bang and anyway it only has 54 miles on it so it's a bit early :D but later in life it may get some nice aluminium-work from Mr Allisport.

Lots of other plans too, in the short term it is getting the Milemarker fitted, and my VHF transceiver and diff guard, there is a Safari snorkel, steering guard and wing top protectors already on order, and there will shortly be a tank guard on order too when I find one I like (not really had time to look yet but I may fork out and get one of Southdown's detachable towing setups). ARB's are probably on the menu for later on too, and one of these years I might get around to buying or building a decent winch bumper - but there is nothing that will take a Milemarker that is the spec I want (high mount, tapered ends like the Southdown 8274 bumpers but with a feet-down fitting for the Milemarker and which doesn't need the front grille to be cut away for the winch).