3 to 4 weeks waiting list for a soft top!!!!!!

Raw

i just placed an order yesterday for a new truck cab soft top after I sold my old one a couple of months ago , phoned the company up and was told that there is a 3 week waiting list on hoods.

Anyone else had this problem ?

:(:(:o

Yes indeed,

I ended up waiting 7 months for my mohair to arrive....but hey it was worth it so all is forgiven.

Yeah the Mohair one4s are really really nice.

Ours in nearly 4 years old and still fine no shinkage like the land rover ones. and it has lasted the outback dust and mud. Along with the 40 + heat.

winchbumper3.jpg

But wait theres more :D

Get a Bikini top oooohhhh

biktop.jpg

bikini2.jpg

there is something about rag tops I like - so much so I want to have my own..

just a tad expensive thats all.

Yeah the Mohair one4s are really really nice.

Ours in nearly 4 years old and still fine no shinkage like the land rover ones. and it has lasted the outback dust and mud. Along with the 40 + heat.

winchbumper3.jpg

But wait theres more :D

Get a Bikini top oooohhhh

biktop.jpg

bikini2.jpg

7 months!!!!!!! Missed the good weather by then. Im hoping it will come in the next 5 weeks as the defender is booked to have an internal roll cage made which will ideally need the hood on

7 months!!!!!!! Missed the good weather by then. Im hoping it will come in the next 5 weeks as the defender is booked to have an internal roll cage made which will ideally need the hood on

Who did you order it from

Both mine came from All Wheel trim. In whitney

Great to deal with and pretty quick but they do make to order.

Who did you order it from

Both mine came from All Wheel trim. In whitney

Great to deal with and pretty quick but they do make to order.

I looked at all wheeltrim but didn’t like the truck cab soft tops they have as they need the army style roll bars fit. I went with exmoortrim as the old top I had from them was good even though I got it second hand.

post-2957-1178180561_thumb.jpg

post-2957-1178180658_thumb.jpg

You do need a second hoodstick or military roll bar for both the Exmoor top and the AWT extended truckcab. Bear in mind the seat back and bulkhead sit behind the first hoodstick.

I have a All Wheel Trim truck cab soft top which is much quieter the the full soft top, also quicker to remove.

Had a full soft top before from Exmoor, both comparable quality.

You do need a second hoodstick or military roll bar for both the Exmoor top and the AWT extended truckcab. Bear in mind the seat back and bulkhead sit behind the first hoodstick.

I have a All Wheel Trim truck cab soft top which is much quieter the the full soft top, also quicker to remove.

Had a full soft top before from Exmoor, both comparable quality.

that’s another reason why i went with exmoor as im having an internal roll cage put in a couple weeks time that will also have seat belt brackets and some where to mount 4 point harnesses to. And luckily I a mate of mine sold me part of a hood set so that kept the cost down

that’s another reason why i went with exmoor as im having an internal roll cage put in a couple weeks time that will also have seat belt brackets and some where to mount 4 point harnesses to. And luckily I a mate of mine sold me part of a hood set so that kept the cost down

Sounds neat. Does Exmoor do a variant of the truck cab to accomodate the internal cage rear stays?

Sounds neat. Does Exmoor do a variant of the truck cab to accomodate the internal cage rear stays?

Not sure what you mean but depending on how the soft top fits around the cage I will either have the 2 rear support bars that go into the tub removable to allow the hood to zip up, this meaning that the roll cage hoop will be inside the canvas but still mounted into the rear tub. But im not sure if the cage as it on the pics that goes behind the internal bulkhead (in the rear tub) will make it to wide for the truck cab soft top hood to fit. I may have to have the roll hoop mounted in Fount of the rear bulkhead in the cab area. This should not be a problem as I have a pair of Cobra Monaco bucket seats so should be enough room.

post-2957-1178353344_thumb.jpg

Does anyone now of any places that would modify a hood? Like a tent maker or something cheaper than Exmoor or all wheel trim

Sam

Nah i have always done it myself plus done it for others. Have my own heavy duty sewing machne that will do it easy.

Please don't dig out the photo of me sat on the kitchen floor using the old 1922 singer machein and our sisters old Babour jacket to fix a tear in the Lighte weights soft top.

she never did find out what happend to her jacket.

Please don't dig out the photo of me sat on the kitchen floor using the old 1922 singer machein and our sisters old Babour jacket to fix a tear in the Lighte weights soft top.

she never did find out what happend to her jacket.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I just read that whilst on the phone to her. I burst out laughing and she said " whats so funny "

"Oh nothing really "

you secret is still safe jules :D:D

My experiences of Exmoor

Take a 2 year old canvas

Build up to 70mph ont he M25

BOOOOOOOOOM Para trooper

DSCF0077.jpg

Got it repaired by All wheel, amazingly understanding and they did it with-in an hour

Not saying Exmoor are horrible people, but the bit of repair material they said they would send never arrived.

Got a nice bit of PVC now waiting to go on :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

well it came after 5 weeks , but now has to be sent back because 2 of the press studs that "pop" it onto the bulkhead have come off :angry: apart from that the hood is a really well made