Self Cancelling Indicators

landybear

Hi all,

What can be done about the self cancelling of the indicator within the steering wheel in order to make it work. Is a complete new setup needed? I hear this has to be fixed before MOT's now which is a nightmare although this might not be implemented before next year.

Many thanks

Hi all,

What can be done about the self cancelling of the indicator within the steering wheel in order to make it work. Is a complete new setup needed? I hear this has to be fixed before MOT's now which is a nightmare although this might not be implemented before next year.

Many thanks

Is it a 300 model?

If it is and the self cancelling has stopped working Land Rover will sell you the bit that does the cancelling, you just need to fit it to your wheel. You have to remove it from the shaft but it's quite simple to fit.

They cost around £25 from a stealership.

during an mot, the mot inspectors monkey sits behind your steering wheel and operates indicators at the inspectors command, the vehicle is not driven so self cancelling is not tested, i'm sure your worrying about nothing. The only anoying thing is remembering to cancel indications, i have recently sold a 110 which had a small steering wheel fitted which consequently lost the self cancel mechanism.

Tony

300Tdi Discoverys went through a period when new when the damn things always used to break all the time, it is a rubbish bit of plastic which snaps and then doesn't work. Not hard to change at all. Disconnect the horn before you try and take the horn button out unless you want dirty looks from neighbours :)

300Tdi Discoverys went through a period when new when the damn things always used to break all the time, it is a rubbish bit of plastic which snaps and then doesn't work. Not hard to change at all. Disconnect the horn before you try and take the horn button out unless you want dirty looks from neighbours :)

And don't try to fit it at 21.45 on a rainy tuesday night in feb. :D

Putting the horn button back in without waking the copper who lives across the road is good fun too.

And don't try to fit it at 21.45 on a rainy tuesday night in feb. :D

Putting the horn button back in without waking the copper who lives across the road is good fun too.

might actually get round to doing mine now then

hehehe .. when i did mine to adjust the steering wheel a couple of splines i had to remove it a couple of time to adjust .. buy the end i put it back on without disconnecting the battery ...

I was laughing but as said the neighbours weren't happy ;)