Today's misfortune...

BoatBuoy

For work I needed to take a boat out on the Bristol Channel, unfortunately 3 of us are going.... so I have had to leave the 110 behind and use this piece of cr*p. It has no low down torque whatsoever. Quick enough off the mark, and smooth ride, but coonect our boat trailer and it's like trying to drive a bouncy castle. And the flipping indicator stalk is on the wrong side!!! :angry:

post-83-1180981629_thumb.jpg

Guest diesel_jim
That's a bit rum :( Try to ensure it's Japaneseness doesn't infect you :)

Mo

I know what you mean Mo.... my shogun i've got now instead of the 110... i'm getting to rather like it....

.....almost smitten..... :unsure:

Keef, I know what you mean. Cart sprung jap pickups = skippy when empty and bouncy castle when loaded. :rolleyes:

Nice 110 btw.

I know what you mean Mo.... my shogun i've got now instead of the 110... i'm getting to rather like it....

.....almost smitten..... :unsure:

Jim, take yourself outside and throw yourself into a cold pond. Then beat yourself with the crappy folding wheelnut spanner that always breaks until you see sense :lol:

I think you will find landrover put the indicators on the wrong side.

IMHO: Indicators should be on the right (as they were on my 1961 Mini) so that you can hold it in gear while indicating/steering with the other hand... :D

IMHO: Indicators should be on the right (as they were on my 1961 Mini) so that you can hold it in gear while indicating/steering with the other hand... :D

So what happened to mirror, signal, manoeuvre? Or have you been driving BMW's? :ph34r:

Not much chance of that!!! I hate the thing... If I get any say in its replacement, it'll be a defender 110 utility! :rolleyes:

I gather you also work for a cetain green uniform wearing government agency! LOL, In which case i wouldn't worry about the MItsi's replacement we aren't allowed anymore up here due to front axle weight problems and winch fitting! Our Depots Toymota will be replaced with a 110! :D

Matt

Look on the bright side. It's white, like your 110.

I bet (quite) a few beers, some whisky and maybe a bit of vodka and a lot of squinting and you'd not be able to tell the difference... :D

L200's are good motors, I know its not perfect but can you honestly say defender's are all that great either! ive had my L200 for 3 years now covered 85k and its been used and abused, pulling overweight trailers etc. Ive had an ARB winch bumper and xp9.5 for the last 3 years with no problems yet.

I did change the springs and shocks because they do give a cr4p ride.

My L200 is now for sale, ive now got a disco 2 thats far better than any jap pickup! (apart from the door seals that are nowhere near as good in deep water!)

L200's are good motors, I know its not perfect but can you honestly say defender's are all that great either! ive had my L200 for 3 years now covered 85k and its been used and abused, pulling overweight trailers etc. Ive had an ARB winch bumper and xp9.5 for the last 3 years with no problems yet.

I did change the springs and shocks because they do give a cr4p ride.

My L200 is now for sale, ive now got a disco 2 thats far better than any jap pickup! (apart from the door seals that are nowhere near as good in deep water!)

Well given that I think BoatBouys occupation is fairly similar to mine I can say yep the Defender is great for our job, If one of our Defenders is off the run for a service etc you would be suprised how many jobs get left because we have the toymota! The japanese pickups just legally can't tow what a defender can they can't have the superior PTO driven winches fitted either I don't want to start a debate about LR V Jap and PTO v Electric winches, but we request Land Rovers for some very specific tasks and I'm afraid the jap trucks just can't cut it for these!

For work I needed to take a boat out on the Bristol Channel, unfortunately 3 of us are going.... so I have had to leave the 110 behind and use this piece of cr*p. It has no low down torque whatsoever. Quick enough off the mark, and smooth ride, but coonect our boat trailer and it's like trying to drive a bouncy castle. And the flipping indicator stalk is on the wrong side!!! :angry:

If it's that bad - why bother un-hooking it when you go out in the channel?

:D

I gather you also work for a cetain green uniform wearing government agency! LOL, In which case i wouldn't worry about the MItsi's replacement we aren't allowed anymore up here due to front axle weight problems and winch fitting! Our Depots Toymota will be replaced with a 110! :D

Matt

Yup, that I do. Well at least that's a relief. We now have a few shoguns kicking about down here, although not heard any news about them. Got my 110 back tonight. :D I suppose the Mitsi does a job, but just not in the way the 110 does, and that I'm used to. I just found it under-powered compared to a td5, and prefer having the full time 4wd. Not to mention it keeps getting ground out on places I know a LR would get through.

I suppose thats why its only been driven 12k miles whereas 110s of the same age have all done 45k!!! :lol:

funnily enough my place were quite keen on going the jap route but sold the first one after less than a year and three clutches. We spend all week towing heavily loaded trailers and it couldn't cope. Instead they're keeping the three year old disco2 and five year old 110. and despite being less than a year old the double cab was only just worth more than the disco