Challenger 4x4 Minstead Trophy Challenge 2007

KBE

Rog - 28 Jul one of mine if your interested if not we will look fwd to seeing the trayback i presume on this one, looks like Minstead is going to be a cracking event.

Hello mate. We're doing this Sunday's CSW at Torrington in Pauls. Mine is just sulking in a corner. It's on a SORN now & I think the mot runs out in Sept so not sure weather to leave the tray back till then or get it done & mot it with it all new? I need some enthusiasm toget my arse in gear. Hopefully Torrington will do that?

KBE.... got my entry form ta. Is there a closing date????

Rog

• 1 month later...

**copied from www.dontforgetyourtowrope.com **

Unfortunately we have had to change the venue of our forth coming challenge.

Instead of Minstead Manor Farm, we will now hold the event at Slindon Safari!

It’s a site most of you know really well and will be able to imagine what a challenging two day competition there could be like!

The format hasn’t changed, but because of a small change in the price to hire the site we can now reduce the entry fee to £140. All those of you who have paid us already will receive a £10 refund on the day.

The event will still be in the form of punch challenge event and will be open to all, but membership of "Challenger 4x4 The Club” is mandatory for insurance purposes (nominal £10 fee for “competition only” members if not already a member). We have again, thanks to Outback Imports, secured a Large prize fund for this event (£1000). With an ARB air Locker for first place and off course an event polo shirt and goody bag for every competitor.

We will provide breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning and also host a BBQ on the Saturday night to help you replace all the energy you lost during the day. Tea, Coffee and water stations will be around the event arena during the day to help keep you going.

The Slindon Trophy Challenge 2007 will take place over the weekend of the 15th/16th September2007 at Slindon Safari and for a change, we are hoping to run a little later on Saturday so we can add a little extra fun with some competing in the dark! Sunday morning will be a 10:30 start and run until 15:00. A large camping field is available from Friday night.

The Slindon Trophy Challenge will operate the handicap system that worked so well at the Tuff Trophy! As usual, points will be awarded for “collecting” punches distributed around the event arena, but each punch will have a MAXIMUM score allocated to it. The teams will have a handicap rating for the event based on vehicle specification (Number of winches, Differential locks) and a team’s handicap rating will determine the actual score attained for each punch gained. In addition to collecting the punch’s there will be a number of “special” stages over the weekend. Some will entail driving; others will be a mental challenge.

Entry fee can be paid by cheque to Challenger 4x4 the Club, or you could ring Challenger 4x4

(01252 325930) and pay by credit card if you prefer.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Challenger 4x4 The Club, Oxenden Road, Tongham, Surrey GU10 1AJ

Rob on KBE's behalf!

Had the rear diff out today, and found that all but 3 crown wheel bolt's have come

loose and fallen out, these have taken the teeth of the c/p plus killing the arb cast housing as well! :angry:

It could be touch and go for the weekend????? :o

Sounds expensive, I guess you cant nick one off Pigsters truck this time! :lol:

Dont forget first prize is a new Locker :rolleyes:

Had the rear diff out today, and found that all but 3 crown wheel bolt's have come

loose and fallen out, these have taken the teeth of the c/p plus killing the arb cast housing as well! :angry:

It could be touch and go for the weekend????? :o

Ha!

diff I wish it was only a diff to sort :(

Had he broken it already?? :P:ph34r:

No i had not!!!.................... about 15min later i had!!!! :P Yep! fuel again, then the steering bar ball-joint snapped and a puncher just to finnish of saturday.............. still we came 2nd (dont no how!.......... oh yes i do! we spanked the carp out of it on sunday) with 3wd after the f/o/s shaft snapped after our 4th punch on sunday!

Well done to Dave and Nev :i-m_so_happy: on a well deserved win, both were on top form all weekend.

Thank's to all at Challenger 4x4 for a top event, i for one will be at the next event you run.

it was good to see some Forum lad's there to, and Dick'y! you sure move FAST! when my l/r come's into focus :o:P;)

dam good event,, really enjoyed it. the punches were very well set out I thought. the special stages were good too, not too difficult but just hard enough to make you work for it.

I especially loved breaking Adrians motor. However the fuel issue was really starting to annoy me - ruddy thing. fingers crossed we know what the problem is.

Well done to all organisers and Dave for putting up with Nev for both days shouting at him. :lol: its was a good convincing win guys - well done. However make the most of it .. you aint winning the next one. :P

Adrian - spanked it is an understatement at times me thinks... I still reckon driving a broken motor makes you drive better (couldn't make you worse :ph34r: )

No i had not!!!.................... about 15min later i had!!!! :P Yep! fuel again, then the steering bar ball-joint snapped and a puncher just to finnish of saturday.............. still we came 2nd (dont no how!.......... oh yes i do! we spanked the carp out of it on sunday) with 3wd after the f/o/s shaft snapped after our 4th punch on sunday!

Well done to Dave and Nev :i-m_so_happy: on a well deserved win, both were on top form all weekend.

Thank's to all at Challenger 4x4 for a top event, i for one will be at the next event you run.

it was good to see some Forum lad's there to, and Dick'y! you sure move FAST! when my l/r come's into focus :o:P;)