Crash Test

Does anyone know if any crash tests had been performed with the Defenders? (For the new 07 version or for any previous versions)

In all the sites and magazines that compare cars, the security line for the Def is always "N/A"... Yet, according to UK statistics it appears as one of the safest cars on the roads as for the risk of death for the driver; but there are only stats, not collision tests.

Any figures or ideas?

Does anyone know if any crash tests had been performed with the Defenders? (For the new 07 version or for any previous versions)

In all the sites and magazines that compare cars, the security line for the Def is always "N/A"... Yet, according to UK statistics it appears as one of the safest cars on the roads as for the risk of death for the driver; but there are only stats, not collision tests.

Any figures or ideas?

I've crashed mine, and survived, but I guess that isn't what you ment is it ;o)

The evidence is in the video in the signature

Cheers

Fruit

As far as I understand it, the Defender has never been subjected to the official crash tests because it is not a new model, it is still the vehicle introduced in 1983 and so has never had a requirement to be crash tested as a new model since the crash tests were introduced.

You will probably be fine in a head on accident in a LR but don't think about something coming in through the side doors, and you DEFINITELY don't want to roll one without a cage, especially a crewcab. Why? Evidence is in the photos...

post-33-1184086745_thumb.jpg

post-33-1184086711_thumb.jpg

Guest dew110CSW

They never got the rating. The Defender carried on straight through the concrete block, then out of the wall of the test center and hasn't been seen since :lol:

It´s one of the reasons it can´t be sold in the US as it doesn´t

meet basic vehicle safety requirements... :mellow:

The pesky air bag issue and Land Rover North America's complete disavowal of the Defender line don't help matters either...

Garth

'97 NAS D-90 SW LE

'97 NAS D-90 SW

'97 NAS D-90 ST

I have seen MoD crash test pictures a while ago, but cannot find them back. I believe they were done to show the squaddies that wearing a helmet in a softtop woudl actually benefit your health.

Guest diesel_jim
They never got the rating. The Defender carried on straight through the concrete block, then out of the wall of the test center and hasn't been seen since :lol:

That, or the cambelt snapped and it wouldn't go.....

You will probably be fine in a head on accident in a LR but don't think about something coming in through the side doors,

Since the introduction of the steel doors in 2003 MY (?) side impact survival has been improved by the addition of impact bars

Still, I wouldnt recommend testing the theory

Lewis :)