Hi Lift jack on a Disco

kevin

Can anybody give me a guide to the best place to mount a hi lift jack on a 3 door disco,i would prefer to mount it externally as i often take a quad in the back, i have bought a lift fitting kit but not fussed if i use it. any info would be welcome to stop me scratching my head.

for laning and playdays i've got a kit that mounts it in the middle of the spare wheel... which works ok..

otherwise for trips and overlanding it goes on the side of my roofrack...

as can be seen here...

med_gallery_169_179_1420719.jpg

hope this helps.

Thanks lads for the reply i will try one of the spare wheel mountings, i'm not sure about the roof mount? it looks good but ii would always be worried about catching it on a low branch and ripping the roof.

Can anybody give me a guide to the best place to mount a hi lift jack on a 3 door disco,i would prefer to mount it externally as i often take a quad in the back, i have bought a lift fitting kit but not fussed if i use it. any info would be welcome to stop me scratching my head.

HI KEV HAVE YOU TRIED THE REAR WHEEL MOUNT APPROACH?

I,M SURE I HAVE SEEN THEM ON PADDOCKS OR CHECK THE ADVERT SECTION OF THE LAND ROVER MAGS DEFO SEEN THEM SOMEWHERE

I was thinking of doing that, i thought about taking the wheel and mount off and replace with a plate then fit the lift mounting kit and also some brackets for my waffle boards, but what can i do with the spare wheel as i need the space inside for a quad. back to the drawing board?