What is it worth? 2001 Td5 Station Wagon

If you do not know what it is worth, got any comics to hand? What are people asking? FWIW, 110 station wagons seem to command a HUGE premium over HTs, 90s etc..

I have seen a couple of 110 Station Wagons, they look like a base models rather than County with no extras on, steel wheels etc.. Both are ex-police with 60-70k on and have MOTs. I have not seen them yet, but assuming that they are in OK condition, what are they worth? Price including VAT? I know this is rather an open ended question but from my research in ebay and Autotrader I cannot pin down prices as there are so few for sale.

Thanks

Chris

I paid £13500 for my 2000 CSW loaded with aircon, winch etc last year which was a good price reflecting poor service history but it was in very good nick, I've seen similar ones for more than that. I have had the oil in loom problem though. Crazy thing about Defender prices is that I could have had an 02 Discovery for the same money. You won't find a TD5 one under £10k, £15k would be an average for 01/02. Well worth trawling the ads in the comics as there are a lot of SWs out there. I had a list of about 15 dealers saved when I was looking but have deleted them now.

If you're looking for something cheaper there is a guy who trades on ebay that always has a few 200/300tdis for £6-9K on his web site.

Prices vary ridiculously!

I saw a nice metallic 2000, air con full CSW up for £8500 over the winter, was tempted to buy it use for 6 month then sell it on.

At the moment I think you'll struggle to find one under £11,000

Unless it is this one which I don't believe exists as it has been for sale for around 3 months!

The prices go round in a, totally unpredictable, cycle. At the moment I'd consider them as being high

Pooh! Didn't get one. :(

Of the three up for auction, one was an X-plate with 110k which I decided was too many miles, and the other two were "51" plate, one a 2001MY and the other a 2002MY with the later rear door, better second row seats and later type dash. Of course, I (with help from SteveG) decided on the later one which was also the last to be auctioned. The first two went through within my 10k budget but the one I wanted? Pooh!

I bid up to £8200 which, with 5% buyer's indemnity (on a police car?!) and VAT was beyond my budget. It went for £8300 but there is no knowing where the other bidder would have stopped. :(

TBH, none of them was in very good condition. There was a lot of corrosion on the ali, the body cappings were rusty and there were numerous dents and dings. Perhaps it was a sign. :)

Cheers guys, keep an eye open for me, either a double-cab or a SW. :)

Chris