SLRC seven sisters 22nd-23rd sept

miketomcat

Seven Sisters

September 22nd & 23rd

The Shire Clubs bi-annual off-road extravaganza!

Seven Sisters is widely regarded as the best and most varied off-roading site the UK has to offer.

- We book the entire site, all 1600 acres for our exclusive use! -

A fun weekend for the family as well as a chance for the extreme off-roaders to test their limits.

Seven Sisters, South Wales

Nearest Town - Abercave, Approximately 170 miles from Southampton

Activities

Greenlane style tours, Maxi trial, Informal punch challenge,

Rock Crawling, Mud and water,

1600+ acres to play in, Off-site camping and BBQ

Vehicles

Any MOT’d and insured vehicle

Front and rear recovery points compulsory

A working mobile phone per vehicle compulsory

Off-road tyres highly recommended

GPS and CB Radio strongly recommended

All current Shire LRC Rules and Regs will be enforced

People

Families welcome, but bear in mind the minimal facilities on site. Sorry, no spectators.

Membership

Shire membership required, new members can join on the event entry form at the normal £10.

Camping

Camping is at the nearby Dan-yr-Ogof campsite, arrival at camp is from Friday afternoon onwards. The campsite has

showers, toilets, and washing facilities. Sunday night camping is available for a small extra charge.

Alternatively the follow hotels are nearby:

Craig y Nos Castle - 01639 730 205

Copper Beech Hotel - 01639 730 269

Abercrave Inn - 01639 731 002

Prices

The following prices include site entry, Friday and Saturday night camping.

£100 per vehicle (Driver & one passenger)

Extra persons £25 per head

Extra children (Under 12) £6 per head

Sunday 23th extra night camping £10 per person / £3 per child

Booking

Pre-book only, no turning up at the gate - you will be turned away!

Payment

£30 deposit or full payment, in advance, to Joe Rose. Deposits are non-refundable if you do not attend.

Cheque or cash, cheques payable to “Shire Land Rover Club”, postal address below.

Facilites

No on-site facilities except basic loos and running water, Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be on sale on site. The site

will be locked out of hours and there will be no camping within the Seven Sisters site itself.

see www.shirelrc.com for more details

Seven Sisters

Seven Sisters is widely regarded as the best and most varied off-roading site the UK has to offer.

-

I would'nt say it was that, in fact IMHO it a bit of a boring site and i think there are much better site's out there, Cown and Kirton for a start are more challenging, But that's just my opinion.

I would'nt say it was that, in fact IMHO it a bit of a boring site and i think there are much better site's out there, Cown and Kirton for a start are more challenging, But that's just my opinion.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I have to say I havn't been there and *not* discovered something I hadn't seen and tried before! My visits have got to be heading into the double figures now, and to me, with a good mixture of mud, slopes, rocks and water makes for a good site B)

Have a great time everyone, we'll be thinking of you! (JU, don't break it, I want a ride in Eddie when I get back - in exchange for cookies of course B) :D )

Facilites

No on-site facilities except basic loos and running water, Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be on sale on site. The site

will be locked out of hours and there will be no camping within the Seven Sisters site itself.

Running water? That is new, not seen that before. Or do you mean streams - which are NOT safe to drink?

IMHO it a bit of a boring site and i think there are much better site's out there, Cown and Kirton for a start are more challenging, But that's just my opinion.

I guess you have just not seen the best bits of the site Adrian. :P

Chris

Now this is tempting....... A relatively stock Range/Series 3 would be alright here?

Should be fine, I took my series 3 lightweight upto the last SLRC event at 7S and had a good weekend, we also had a pretty much standard disco and a daihatsu sportrak in our little group.

Am hopefully booked to go, but have not yet seen confirmation of either my joining SLRC at Billing, or my payment for the 7S weekend :ph34r:

Stumpy (and anyone else who's booked in / joined up) - our events officer is on his hols at the moment so your entry form is most likely sat in his place :unsure: anyone sending a for at the moment if they could send it to Rich Hawes (DLander) - I don't have his address to hand but I'll post it up ASAP.

Bowie - yes a relatively stock vehicle will be fine, I spent all weekend trundling round in my stock RR and there were many others in pretty stock vehicles having a good time.

Chris - I think we had a water supply with us last time, if nothing else there was tea & coffee which is enough to survive :D

Adrian - thanks for the positive input :rolleyes:

Stumpy (and anyone else who's booked in / joined up) - our events officer is on his hols at the moment so your entry form is most likely sat in his place :unsure: anyone sending a for at the moment if they could send it to Rich Hawes (DLander) - I don't have his address to hand but I'll post it up ASAP.

Bowie - yes a relatively stock vehicle will be fine, I spent all weekend trundling round in my stock RR and there were many others in pretty stock vehicles having a good time.

Chris - I think we had a water supply with us last time, if nothing else there was tea & coffee which is enough to survive :D

Adrian - thanks for the positive input :rolleyes:

I have no problems if people want me to lead them round i will be in the series so most vehicles should be able to follow without problems :)

Is there a LPG station anywhere close by?

please please say yes :)

There is an LPG station quite local to the site - or so I am told by Orange.

If not, we too will be spectating, as Stumpy runs on only LPG and carrying a spare bottle around is not an option :)

Adrian.

There is an LPG station quite local to the site - or so I am told by Orange.

If not, we too will be spectating, as Stumpy runs on only LPG and carrying a spare bottle around is not an option :)

Adrian.

Not taking Chokey then :o

Am hopefully booked to go, but have not yet seen confirmation of either my joining SLRC at Billing, or my payment for the 7S weekend :ph34r:

Me to. Was hoping for something in the post to confirm payment at least

Those who have paid, you will receive info etc. closer to the day, basically rather than send out in dribs and drabs we send out all at once, we will post something when packs have gone out (usually post them 2-3 weeks beforehand) so if you don't get one you can contact us then to get it sorted :)

Besides, a V8 with a coil and dizzy, a load of water, what could possibly go wrong :lol: :lol:

this is where megathingymidgigy and that other mega thing become useful - Fridge you know what it is :) makes my car purrrrr looovely :) and waterproof......

(the above sentence nicely sums up the mechanical knowlege of my own car :unsure: )