SLRC seven sisters 22nd-23rd sept

miketomcat

Quick Q for those in the know...

Is there going to be a BBQ at the campsite on the Saturday night like last time?? Obviously, if you could arrange 'less weather' it would be great!!! :P

Cheers

Adrian

yes there will be a bbq on sat night (bring your own food/beer) there may be one on fri night aswell but depends on numbers, time etc

hopefully info packs entrance sticker etc will be going in the post tomorrow so if you don't get it by the weekend give me a shout

mike

• 2 weeks later...

That was a rather excellenbt weekend wasn't it.. :D

Spent most of the time doing punches and generally trundling around the site. Somehow we managed to not break anything major which must be a first!

Thanks to all the shires crew for organising the event, and also for the burger incinerator that we made use of on saturday night... :P

John, The Mrs took loads of pictures, although I am afraid a certain white disco, and a silver range rover figure quite heavily in them... will upload them or stick them on a cD or something and get them over to you.

Cheers

Mark

What a fantastic weekend, even if the weather wasn't the best. Big thanks to Shire's for another very well organised event. I've just emptied the landy, and everything is hanging up to try and dry out :o

Saturday was a gentle day for me, testing out my new tyres, very impressed, only two climbs i couldn't do. Saw a few of the punch sections being tackled. Intersting to see how different people atack the same punch in different ways.

Sunday brought a bit of rain, which transformed the site, A late night tyre change on Saturday was a good move, as i was then able to explore more of site, including giving my snorkel it's first test in the pond. We managed to collect all the punches in the afternoon and then pootled home for a nice warm bath.

A few pics, not many from sunday as my camera also suffered a bit of water ingress!

02-1.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

06-2.jpg

07-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

08-2.jpg

09-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

Brilliant photos Dave, I like the ones with me in :D

Paul - it was traction problems, everything was working, there just wasn't enough grip to get very far <_< some more aggressive tyres may have made the difference, but I'm not grumbling. The engine stayed running, bonnet went completely under water on the way out due to the bank. The b*ggers didn't tell me the other side of the pond is shallower :rolleyes:

Had a great time at my first time at Seven Sisters. Got back today about 3 o'clock this afternoon. Have loads of photos but trying to upload them is a pain as all of the sites seem to want one photo at a tme....

However, for those of you following JU's 109, here's what he found in his air filter thingy after his little excursion in the pond:

gallery_1731_359_1810.jpg