Bonnet fell off!

Indeed it doesn't. It can also disappear over the top of your landy at 70 mph if you forget to latch it. Doesn't say that in the manual either :D

Also if you have it vertical and the wind blows it back down, don't try to catch it, it hurts afterwards :( The manual also failed to mention that.

These manual authors lack foresight in my opinion. :)

I have tried the above and can verify that they can occur :D

Mo

It's very convenient to be able to take the bonnet off, lets a lot more daylight in there too ;)

A common trick is to tilt it right back and take a bit of rope or strong twine from the bonnet latch back over the roof to the rear door spare wheel carrier to hold it up out of the way. A bit of tension on the string stops it from going flyabout but don't pull too hard.

Don't try this with an '07 - as my friend Dave did with a demonstrator! The bulge hits the wipers and then modifies itself to make space resulting un some unsightly dents.

Chris

:hysterical: best to find these things out on a demonstrator tho

or with a bonnet spare wheel mounting on it, i did - gust of wind and no more windscreen :angry: (and a little embarassing)

I could have topped up the coolant without opening it further but thought it would be easier...I had seen one at the dealer with the bonnet right up and leaning on the windscreen. I agree that it is a good feature once you know about it. Will make servicing easier. Just need to make sure it's tied back as somebody suggested.

Guest diesel_jim

Another thing that stupid manual doesn't say, is if you're about to remove the bonnet totally, don't open it up and use the proper "bonnet upright stand" thingy then proceed to remove the split pin and washer (that hold the aforementioned bonnet upright stand thingy) and pull it off, cos it will then immediately stop doing its job and the bonnet will smack you in the back of your head.

don't ask.... :angry::angry:

While we are detailing the manuals shortcomings;

While standing on the wing, after lowering the bonnet from the vertical position, make sure your toes are out of the way before dropping the bonnet. :ph34r:

Thankfully LR panel gaps are such that your toes are mildly crushed rather than removed completely.