how much should i ask?? for old disco

gelf

the MOT runs out in Oct on the disco... and as im building something else at the moment all the nice bits are being taken off and sold seperatly or used on the new build.

So what would be a sensible price ask for basicly a 200tdi/Auto with very scabby bodywork?

engine has done 149k, gearboxs are fine as are the axles, power steering box will be gone.

cant see it being put on the road as a disco again, but may be as a hybrid or just as a donor vehicle.

please be honest...... someone came to look at the disco....said it was just what the needed for their defender project.......then burst out laughing when i asked for £500 for the whole vehicle minus my bits.

am i asking to much?

£500 is the going rate for a tdi disco with MOT fail on rust issues. At the very least a buyer can then sell the axles for 150, the motor for 400, the gearboxes for 150 and still weigh in the rest for 100 scrap. Or do the welding themselves and sell it back on for 1200. There is no way you should settle for less IMHO

I'd say it depends what bits you've taken off!! £500 is is the going rate for a complete motor. If all the nice (saleable) bits have gone then personally i'd walk away and buy a complete one, as realistically someones only going to buy it for the engine, so would be looking to sell the nice bits on to get their money back.

Whats missing off of it then?

Jon