What goes here

sotal

Any idea what is normally here?

It looks like there used to be something there, there is a multi plug type thing, and there is a few ring type spade terminals. I can't think that there is anything missing but just thought I'd check.

Cheers

Matt post-1639-1190193734_thumb.jpg

Edited by BogMonster

That doesn't look factory to me, waving round in the air with no binding on the wires. Can you trace the wires back?

I'll trace them back as much as I can later, but I don't think I could see very well. I just hope it's not some PO bodge

I'll trace them back as much as I can later, but I don't think I could see very well. I just hope it's not some PO bodge
Mine had 2 alarms worth of wiring in or around that spot, with one still in place.

I decided to rip the lot out (I had had a separate immobiliser fitted for insurance purposes) only to find that the bloke that fitted said immobiliser had fed it from one of the now-missing alarm feeds... :( Took me 2 hours to sort the mess out under the dash and get it running again!

If it's not too much of a mess then it's safest just to safely terminate the wires and forget it ;)

could it have been a relay for some spot lights, are they all dead? you could try (if you haven't already) test the cables to see if any become live when you turn the side/main beam lights on :unsure:

what about a split charger?

it will be really easyto trace them there is a grommit in the top middle of the picture which pops back out under the steering collum with pretty good access all the way across the dash with the stereo and glove box out. ;)

or like two sheds says box off into a connector block strip tape up and forget. :P

3 wires are just loose, the 4th a white one splices into the big wiring harness that runs down the wing, it splices into a blue cable

Sounds like it could have been for a set of additional lights