Do Stop/Tails and Rear Fogs have to have red lenses?

McS

Just wondering if, since I'm using red LED's anyway, I can make the stop/tail and rear fog cover clear or whether the Man from the Ministry will have something to say about it.... ;)

Cheers,

McS

Cheers for the replies guys.

I've had clear indicators for ages now, just finally dawned on me that I could do the red ones too!

E-marking wont be an issue as I'll be using NAS lenses.

Cheers,

McS

I have had clear stop/tail lenses with LED's for a couple of years now and MR MOT has never had anything to say about them.

I am currently thinking about changing the Fog too, but have not yet worked out how to do it with LED's as the standard bulb mounts side on and LED's aint to great at that.

The MOT Test Manual simply requires that rear lamps are not broken or show any white light.

[From the Manual] The MOT Tester is required to do the following:

1. Check that two front and two rear position lamps are fitted to the vehicle, one of each oh each side.

2. Check the presence, condition, security and operation of the switch.

3. Check that the front and rear position lamps show light of the correct colour.

Reasons for failure are:

1. An obligatory lamp missing.

2. A switch missing, faulty, insecure, or not able to be operated from the normal driving position.

3. a. A front position lamp shows a light other than white to the front, (or yellow if incorporated in a yellow headlamp): or

b. A rear position lamp shows a light other than red to the rear.

So red LED bulbs with clear lenses are absolutely fine - hope this helps

Neil

Don't have leds for sale for side/stop. Indicators will need a load resistor to get correct flash rate. Do a search on Eblag for these leds. Note also that LR wire the lamp holders up with the cap + and the pip - on side and indicators, so u will need to cut the wires at the holder and swap over.