Cleaning plasma

will_warne

I just dumped mine in a bucket full of warm water overnight (no soap) and then gave it a woosh around and a rinse off in some more clean water the following day. Seemed to work well enough, it doesn't look "new" but clean enough.

And don't forget the "hook through the glass door problem" if you put it in a washing machine :ph34r:

cold wash no soap i find it easier with my climbing ropes to put it in an old pillowcase and then put it in the washing machine

ped

Climbing ropes - rock or trees?.

Beal Rope Cleaner 1 Ltr

BealQty

1234567891011121314151617181920 £5.30 each

Spiral Rope Brush

BealQty

1234567891011121314151617181920 £8.96 each

Hi Will,

The reason you must not use soap is quite simple. The rope is made from thousand of tiny strands and unlike a normal rope, plasma and the like require pressure and friction to hold them together, Thus if you use soap it acts as a lubricant and the rope will lose a massive amount of its strength as it's frictional ability is lost.

There you are a nice tech reply and before 8 am :D

Just spoke to Andy Tomlinson about cleaning my Plasma and then funnily enough stumbled across this thread.

He says "Give it a good rinse in a bucket with a small amount of washing up liquid"

Ive always used washing powder and when I asked if it may have harmed the rope Andy said "no, It might just leave the rope a bit sticky if not washed out properly"